Gotta love this smirk Sascha had, it's so her!

Sascha tried to give Cameron a hug and a kiss in this one, but he was not having it. She had a tight hold on him.

This is a Valentines Day Card that I emailed to friends and family.

At Sascha's preschool they asked that we make a cookie and have her decorate it independently and bring it to school to give to a classmate. So that's what we did the night before. It was a bit hectic since it was a weekday, and we had very limited time in the evening to get it done. She also helped me make cookies to take to work for a fundraiser, so we were mean lean cookie making machines. She of course enjoyed eating them for the next few days as well. She knew she had a few to choose from since aunt Sarah sent her a Valentine gift package with a gift and some delicious treats inside as well.
A few days before we did make a fun card for Daddy and Sarah to send to Florida. It was a bit too messy for Cameron to participate in, but Sascha had a fun time making a heart out of her handprints. I think both of them really liked their hand made cards. I wish we made more of them, next year I will be better prepared for a mass card production.
On actual Valentines day daddy surprised me with beautiful flowers which he arranged himself and a card. I was in such a daze that morning, I didn't even notice them on the table right away. There was also a gift behind them which I didn't see, Lightroom! Yay, I hope I get some time to play with it.
We weren't planning on eating out that day, but it worked out that we ended up having dinner at a local place we often get pizza from. It was actually pretty quiet in there, so we enjoyed it with the kids and had no mess to clean up at home.
The following day we met up with friends to have dinner and go to see a Russian Ballet - the swan lake. I of course really enjoyed it, especially since I haven't been in such a long time. Daddy...he tried to enjoy too, he was falling asleep in the first half, but paid more attention in the 2nd.
I am starting to enjoy this Hallmark holiday more and more. :)
And here are the photos of our Valentines Day activities

And on actual Valentines Day - Getting their little goody bags.
No comments:
Post a Comment