Sunday, March 11, 2012

San Francisco Get-Away

In the midst of everyone being sick we managed to get away for a few days and hang out in San Francisco. What a treat for us! Sascha and Cameron gladly stayed with Baba and Deda, and we were so thankful that we had an opportunity to take a few days off.

Jeromey was actually going there for work, and I basically tagged along. We stayed at a hotel next to the airport, so it was a bit of a trek to get to the city on the BART, but a total adventure! We got in on Sunday around noon and went to the Marina area to see our friends Erin and Abtin. We took a quick photo on their rooftop where you can see the Golden Gate Bridge and were off to get lunch. They took us a tasty little place for tacos and margaritas. They were ridiculously delish! Even though it was pretty cold out, we still enjoyed walking around, talking and catching up. Jeromey's friend Matt also joined us to hang out. We got back to the hotel super late, but it was totally worth it. The next day Jeromey had to go to his training, and I made plans with Erin to go shopping around Powell station. We had such a nice day together, it's always so refreshing to talk to her. She's always full of new interesting ideas, and super positive. I only wish she lived closer to San Diego so that we'd see each other more often. We had an amazing Indian buffet for lunch at Amber... seriously the best Indian food I've had. She took me to blue bottle cafe, apparently a well known coffee shop, after which I hopped on the BART to meet up with my cousin Sonya around the Mission. We walked around a bit and she showed me the beautiful murals that the mission was known for as well as her cute little place. She took us by her school, and it was really great to see her in the city and catch up. The last few times we've seen each other has always been with the kids, so it's definitely a nice change to be able to have a conversation that doesn't last less than a minute before you get interrupted or diverted to help a toddler with something. :) Jeromey met us there, and we went on to find a sushi place to have dinner at. We had the BEST sushi! It was yummy and best of all cheap. San Francisco has such great places to eat. We had to wait for about 45 minutes because this sushi place was tiny, but it was so worth it! Then we went to go have ice cream at another fabulous establishment and that ended my trip on a high note!
Jeromey stayed for another 2 nights because of work and visited a few friends from college in San Jose who were actually expecting their first baby girl that same week.

It was a great little get away and so nice to be able to catch up with our friends and family. I missed the kiddos, and I think they missed us too. Sascha constantly asked when we'll be back, and once I returned she asked when Daddy is coming home and why we didn't come home together.

I only took a few photos with my phone...
Photobucket

No comments: