On December 15th Cameron took 4 - 6 steps on his own. Seems like only a week or two before that he started to walk with the walker in front of him and now he's taking actual steps. He is very into throwing things at the moment. It doesn't matter where he is, but if he gets a hold of something it will be launched! Makes a diaper change pretty challenging since you will no longer lay still unless I occupy you with something very interesting. You repeat little words like (da and ma) all the time and you started to mimic our hand gestures, or a little bit of sign language like the sign for milk. Also food throwing has been added to your fun little games you play. I don't enjoy that one so much, since I am the one doing the clean up and boy does it get messy! Sascha tryies to get very stern with you when you throw food and tell you "NO!" . You look at her, and then you look at us and you giggle and throw the next thing. Very amusing! Sometimes you do understand that we are upset at you, and your lower lip starts to fold over and you look so sad like you are about to cry. That look kills me, it's like I just hurt you so badly because I said "NO". It doesn't work on daddy, but you definitely get me with it.
Right around 14 months you really started taking off, Cameron is now a walker! You are so proud of your self. You can turn around, walk, pick something up and keep walking. If you do fall on your butt or knees then you start crawling, and a week later you have figured out how to get up on your own.
Sascha seems to be very excited about your accomplishments as well, she frequently tells you to walk to her and then gives you a big hug when you get there. What a sweet big sister. :)
I started calling you "my eater" because you seemed to like just about everything that I put in front of you. Well that was short lived because after about a week or so, you started to get more picky. At the moment you love avocados, but you pretty much refuse most of the other veggetables that I put in front of you. Also you started to be difficult with meats as well. Wonder what happened there? Because just a few weeks ago you would devour everything I put on your tray. That was making me so happy, especially when I have Sascha on our hands who's meal choices are very limited because she refuses to try anything.
You also let us know if you want something or don't want something. You stretch your arm out trying to point to something on the counter and nod your head yes if I put it in front of you. On the other hand if you really don't want something, you start shaking your head back and forth indicating that it's a definite 'NO'. You really seem to know what you want. If I put blueberries and other fruit on a plate, you will pick out all the blueberries first. Bananas are also a big favorite of yours.
In the last month you have finally learned to "sleep in", meaning you don't wake up screaming at 6 am or earlier, your usual wake up time is around 7:15 now which we really like.
For some reason you started to cry during your baths. At first it seemed like you were freaked out by some bath toys, so we took them away and left you with the ones you seemed to like. Now it just seems like you really don't like the water too much or when we dump the water on your head.
Here are some photos of you from the last 2 months.
All of these were taken with a phone camera, I love that even when I don't bring my actual camera I can just snap a quick photo and I fall in love with some of them, because they capture such a moment and tell a story (at least to me)... it's not something I can get back once it's gone. Like the first picture here when you were w/daddy at Balboa Park - you wanted to go thru the spining metal gate and you didn't want to hold anyone's hand. The 2nd photo is of you at the park in Del Mar with the ocean behind you, you loved the swings that time. 3rd is a snapshot of you learning how to walk - leaping forward with your hands up in the air between daddy and I. The last photo has a story behind it - you had decided to wake up just after 5am and scream until we got you your bottle of milk, then by 8am I fed you breakfast, and you were in your high chair finishing up some fruit, and in a matter of minutes I turned back and saw that you were completely asleep in your chair with raspberries all over your mouth - just classic!

This last photo I adore! It shows your sweet and playful demeanor. You were sitting on my lap dragging all the stuffed animals down from the back of the couch, and you liked this blue one from Monster's Inc., so you held onto it. You kept putting your face on him, giving him kisses.

No comments:
Post a Comment