Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sascha's Holiday Dance performance

Sascha loves to dance. She loves going to dance class, and she absolutely adores her teacher Ms. Jackie. We've never had to make her go, it's always been something that she looks forward to.

Twice a year Danceology puts on a Recital show. This was a Holiday show, and we of course had to participate. For some reason Sascha doesn't like dressing up. She doesn't get excited about the costumes, it makes her nervous. As soon as we picked up the costume, she told me a few times that she doesn't want to go up on stage, which made me question why we signed her up for the performance in the first place if she is not going to be excited about doing it. Of course she really enjoyed it last time she performed in June, but we did have a hard time convincing her to put her balerina dress on. This time around a similar thing happened at the dress rehearsal. She saw everyone in their costume, but refused to put hers on. Luckily I was not by myself, and daddy came to the rescue. He didn't really give her an option, and put the pretty blue dress on her and she was fine with it. She twirled and danced with her friend Sadie, plus other dancer friends, and had a great time. At the actual dress rehearsal she also did very well and followed all of Ms. Jackies moves so we were excited to see her perform!

On the actual day of the performance, she once again seemed nervous, but didn't fuss about putting on her dress, she seemed comfortable in it now. Baba, Deda, Grandpa, Aaron & Grisha all came to watch our little dancer. Unfortunately we didn't get there early enough to get good seats, so we were pretty far away, but the munchkin did very well. She was a bit hesitant when I dropped her off, she really didn't want me to leave, but when I picked her up she was so excited. She yelled "Mommy, I wasn't scared! I went up on Stage and I danced!" We all told her how proud of her we were, and how awesome she did! Cameron was a total trooper as usual sat thru all the performances. After the intermission, we were ready to watch the Nutcracker which Sascha was very excited about. She watched the whole thing sitting on grandpa's & mine laps and loved it. Cameron fell asleep in Deda's arms, half way into it ... it was nap time and he decided that he had seen enough dancing.

I hope her love for dance keeps growing. We really enjoy these special performances. Besides being super cute because of the little 4 year old kiddos that are in them, I hope they teach her confidence which will come in handy in years ahead.

You can see Sascha is a bit nervous and is biting her lip in a few of these... at least her hands aren't in her mouth. :)
Most of these were taken at the dance rehearsal, only the last one was on the day of the performance posing with Taylor. Her mom was actually the one who told me about this studio about a year ago when we met at the library. I am so glad I took Sascha to try it out.
Photobucket

Since we didn't get to take many photos on performance day, we took these once we got home. Sascha does have a little bit of blush, and blue eye shadow on... she actually let me put it on this time. Her lips are red because she enjoyed a lolipop right before we took these. :) No lipstick for her yet, I was too afraid that she would smear it all over her mouth.

Photobucket

No comments: