Sunday, January 22, 2012

A date with Sascha

Oh how I love and treasure these times that I get to spend with my little princess one-on-one.
Although I didn't really plan this one specifically, we just decided to get out of the house since Daddy was busy watching the NFL playoffs and Cameron was about to have his 2nd nap. I gave S a choice of going to the park or feeding the ducks, and she choose the ducks so off we went to our usual super peaceful little Hendrix Pond in Scripps Ranch. There were a ton of ducks, and boy were they hungry. One or two were especially agressive and walked right out of the water practically chaising Sascha down to give them food. She tried running away... I had to shu them off, and then other ducks basically ran the 2 agressive ones down and we never saw them again.
Sascha had fun throwing the bread as far as she could, while I was having fun taking photos of her with my phone since I didn't bring a camera. I was just 5 feed behind her looking down at one of the pictures I took with my phone when I heard a whiny cry. I look up and Sascha had slipped on the slippery ground and fell forward into the pond. She caught her self, so the only thing that got a bit wet was the bottom of her pants and the arms of her jacket. Her face was also covered in drops of water but that's because the ducks got spooked by her falling and flew up into the air and splashed her. She was a bit upset, but recovered nicely and kept wanting to play. We even went on the swings and played while hiking back up to the car. Sascha is usually annoyed by me taking too many pictures, but this time, she actually kind of liked it. She smiled and posed, and surprisingly even went to different locations and asked to have her picture taken. She sat on different tree stumps and posed. I was totally surprised.
Then I gave her a choice of going home to change or going to see a movie. Of course she choose to see a movie. Luckily I had another jacket for her, and she insisted that the pants will dry and since her feet were not wet, I thought it would be ok. We went to see Beauty and the Beast 3D.
We had some time to kill so she ran around the water fountain (no falling in this time). She insisted that I held her hand and I gladly did. She mentioned a few times to me that her pants are now dry so she is ok.
Right before the actual movie started, they showed a short 3D film that was based on the movie Tangled with princess Rapunzel. Being that Tangled was her favorite Sascha was in heaven! Of course she loved watching Beauty and the Beast as well. She kept her glasses on the whole time.
What a fun treat it was for her, and of course for me as well!

Here is a little recap, the picture in the right corner is of her pouting... almost crying once she got back up from falling into the pond.

Photobucket
Holding onto popcorn, sporting her 3D glasses, and posing with one of the chipmunks
Photobucket

No comments: