Monday, November 21, 2011

Hurry Hurry Step Right up - Big Birthday Bash for Sascha's 4th & Cameron's 1s Birthdays

To say that we have been looking forward to this Birthday party would be an understatement. We have been planning it for months!
Of course it looked like the weather was not going to cooperate with us, and I would check the forecast almost daily the week leading up to the big day. Finally the day before it still told us it would rain, and we started to think about plan B, but got super lucky. Although it was cold that day, the rain held out on us. It was only when we packed up the last car when it started to sprinkle. How awesome is that?
Daddy gets the credit for coordinating the catering which was delicious, and coming up with a Fall Fair/Carnival theme. We wanted something that would work for both girl and boy, so it was perfect. I knew we wanted to make it memorable with small details, so we started thinking of what kind of games we would want for entertainment, and it went on from there. It turns out I really do enjoy party planning. Yes it can be stressful and hectic, and I did get butterflies in my stomach on the day of, just like I used to when I was a little girl, and was looking forward to my own celebrations. This was so worth all the hard work!!! And I loved how everything turned out.

Here is the invitation I designed.


First off I could not have done it without the help of my family. Both my parents and sister were there the day off to either pick up food/cake, help set up, clean up, or babysit.
Jeromey of course helped with the ideas and games, but my biggest helper in planning was his awesome cousin Sarah. We love you!!! She just ran with it. I don't even think I mentioned that I needed the help (and boy did I!), she just stepped right in and did. She gave me so many great ideas and helped me put together just about every detail for the event. Also J's aunt Maria (Sarah's mom) put together the cutest matching shirts for Cameron and Sascha with the number 1 and 4 on them embroidered with their names and Sarah completed their outfits. The party would not have been the same without her there, and we so love and appreciate her coming all the way from Florida to be there to celebrate the kids birthdays, and spend time with us. She was also my designated "photographer" which was huge because now with all that said and done, I have some awesome photos to remember it by. It was so so special, and we will always look back on it with fond memories.

I won't go into too much more detail on everything that we did, and let the pictures speak for themselves.
The party was a big success, and most importantly I think everyone really enjoyed themselves, and had a great time. We had face painting, and balloon making, and carnival games. Sascha refused to get her face painted, not sure if she was just overwhelmed or trying to be difficult since she had her face painted last year for her 3rd birthday at Legoland. We didn't try to have Cameron's done, because I am not sure a 1 year old could sit still enough for it, but the balloons they loved and played with them for at least 2 weeks after the party. I have never seen such awesome balloon making especially from a kid, everyone was very impressed! Carnival games were a big hit, and every child got a little prize at the end. Sascha choose "Tramp" from the movie "Lady and the Tramp", and she also choose a little "Pooh bear" for Cameron. Sascha got her Rapunzel cake that she wanted (no it didn't go with the Carnival theme, but this is one thing she was very particular with and ask for multiple times... and I definitely didn't want to disappoint her). And Cameron got cupcakes with little carnival guys on top.
The look on Sascha's face was priceless when she walked into the room all decorated. Her mouth dropped open and she was in awe.
The photo booth was so much fun, and especially awesome since everyone was so willing to participate, and be silly. Also it was a great way to be able to get pictures of all the guests who came.


The Details.
Welcome sign was made by the very talented artist named Sarah, as well as all the labels and props. I made the Happy Birthday Banner. :) The table "center piece" was a popcorn cup with a windmill (I learned how to make them on You-Tube & and large loli pop) The goodie bags were stuffed with some Carnival toys and had a Thank you label on them.


Fun times and memorable moments





Being silly is way more fun than being serious! We love our friends and family. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for celebrating the birthdays of the 2 most important little people in our livesPhotobucket


Here is a big THANK YOU to everyone in attendence. I got an idea for this from one of the Family magazines a few months before and thought it would be really cool to try out. Sarah helped line up all the toys and gifts that the kids got after their party to spell out the words "Thank You" Later on, I had Sascha pose to make the letter Y and the easiest thing to do to include Cameron was to make him the bottom of the exclamation mark. Would have been cool to have it done without the magic of Photoshop, however who was I kidding ... Cameron would have never sat still with all those toys around!

Photobucket

No comments: