Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Card Tradition

Where did this come from? It's so American? I guess we started when Sascha was born, so here we are year after year trying keep our "Holiday Card" tradition going. I don't call it Christmas Card, I don't know why, but it makes me feel totally un-jewish if I call it Chrismas Card. Go figure.
Now each year I actually look forward to this tradition. I look forward to getting the cards from my friends and sending mine out as well. Yes, it becomes stressful, and I never have enough time to do what I really want to do, but at the end of the day I am glad we do it. It becomes a memory. Even the whole process of having the pictures taken, coordinating the outfits, shopping, and etc. I feel like I put more and more thought and work into it every year. And this year we even did our pictures early.
Lets face it... this whole family photo shoot is such hard work. Rushing around trying to get everyone dressed, looking good and ready! I felt like the dragon lady yelling and threatening, and you would think I would feel relief once we got in the car, but no... I knew the work had only began.
Of course the day we decided to do it, it's 80 degrees at the end of October so we are sweating, not to mention hiking in heeled boots is a ton of fun.
All for a perfect family photo! Or an adorable photo of the kids. I think I fixed Sascha's falling headband about 20 times and then finally gave up and took it off!
Not sure all the things we bribed Sascha wish to be on her best behaivior. She cooperated... sometimes, and sometimes not at all which made me even more frustrated. She wouldn't wear the shoes because she said they hurt her, luckily I anticipated it and brought another pair and then she wasn't too excited about posing with Cameron, and Cameron well he just didn't care too much for sitting, he wanted to crawl and get around, and eat leaves off the ground.
Yes this was hard work! The outcome... family photos... and Our holiday picture! To me, totally worth it.
Ideally I would have liked to have the family photo and then a photo of each one of the kids, but it didn't work out that way. I barely had enough time to send them out before the actual Holiday so I went with what we had.


Photobucket


I love their happy expressions here
Photobucket

A few more
Photobucket

The most challenging thing was to try and get a decent picture of these two together... here is Cameron receiving a kiss from Sascha.
Photobucket

No comments: