Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Snowy Afternoon

We've been planning to go to Lake Arrowhead for the weekend with our friends -the Roberts Family, however things like bad weather and kids sicknesses have been preventing us from going. We ended up going to Mount Laguna for an afternoon to see if we can find some snow there to play in and we were in luck. The crazy part of this is when we left our house it was already 70+ degrees. When we reached Lakeside, it was 80 and I remember thinking I bet we are in for a disappointment and there will be no snow. Luckily that wasn't the case, and it snowed so much a few weekends in a row that they still had plenty once we got up to a higher elevation. Only in San Diego... you leave the 80 degree warmth and go play in the snow. It was exceptionally warm even once we hit the snowy parts, around 62 degrees.

Cameron's first time in the snow was a big hit, except for when I tried to go down the slide with him. He was snug in the Ergo carrier, but didn't like the bumpy ride so he started crying, I guess it wasn't such a good idea to sled with him after all.
Sascha was a bit apprehensive about the snow at first, also you didn't love getting stuck in it, and that happened a lot, but then as usual, you had a really great time. You went sledding a few times, and threw snowballs at daddy, Sebastian and Ethan, and towards the end you enjoyed eating the snow as well. The kids had a great time sledding and throwing snowballs around. Then we had a very tasty dinner at Marichiaros Italian restaurant which is one of daddy's favorites from his childhood days. We followed it up by going to Vanessa & David's house to play games which is always a good time. Once it was time to leave, you of course refused to go, I think you had way too much fun with the boys.

Photobucket
Fun family day

Photobucket
I just love her curls!

Photobucket
Sweet baby Cameron loves being held

Photobucket
Sebastian and Sascha love hanging out together

No comments: