Saturday, February 12, 2011

3 Years and 3 Months

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I have 2 kids. Wasn't I just a kid not too long ago?

Now one is 3 Years old and another 3 Months old.

3 Month old - Cameron:
Another month flew by. You're growing like a little weed! Not sure how much you weigh. I think you are around 13 and a half pounds. You are definitely starting to be more alert. You smile, coo, and sometimes even giggle out loud now. I have seen you roll over once a few weeks ago, but you haven't done it again... wonder if that was just an accidental roll.

Also you have found both of your hands, and they are constantly in your mouth, especially the thumbs. Pacifier is still in use, however, I almost think you prefer the hands. They're just not always available since I swaddle you. You seem to have a knack for busting out of the swaddlers, so at night I've been swaddling you in the Miracle Blanket, which used to be Sascha's. It has pink trim around it...hopefully you won't mind :)

Unfortunately you recently got your first cold. Sascha has been coughing for over a week now, and finally you caught a similar bug but on a slightly smaller scale. Your little nose gets all stuffed up and you have a hard time breathing through it, which makes you cough, especially when you are nursing. At least there were no fevers involved for either one of you and you are still sleeping through the night...such a little trooper.

What does bother you, is when I squirt Ocean saline drops into your nostrils and then try to use the suction bulb to help loosen things up. You start screaming. Apparently you're not a fan of the suction bulb... I can't blame you, I don't think I would be a fan either.

I still cannot believe how calm of a baby you are. I can take you anywhere. We do little yoga baby classes and you are the quietest baby there, just smiling and hanging out. We've taken you to dinner a bunch of times, and we hardly even need to take you out of the car seat. If you fuss, you are perfectly content when you get your pacifier. If you're tired I give you the pacifier and rock you in the car seat and within a few minutes you fuss yourself to sleep. Aaaah... how did I get so lucky to have 2 perfect little babies! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Photobucket
A little valentines day bundle of joy


Photobucket

3 Years & 2 Months old - Sascha:
Things you love at the moment are doing somersaults, dancing, singing, playing with play-doh, your princesses (Snow white seems to be the favorite at the moment), your stuffed animals, small toys like these little frogs that you obsess over.

One of the funniest things that you do lately is to declare to us "I would like my privacy" when we help you go potty. As soon as you get situated and look up from settling comfortably on the potty, you let it be known that you like to left alone to handle your business, and you attempt to push us out of the bathroom and close the door. While it is adorable, it is also such a clear reminder of how quickly you are becoming a big girl. We are almost certain that you will soon be requesting your independence in the many other things that we currently help you with.

We celebrated Valentines day and I made a special card with Sascha in it for her preschool and one of Cameron with the same sign. Sascha is holding up a stick which I punched a hole in to stick a lollipop into, so it turned out super cute. Everyone at preschool really loved it!

You do not like taking naps, but most of the days I do get you to take one. Usually I have to threaten the policeman to come get you before you will finally give in and lay down. I have explained to you that a policeman is actually a good guy, and that he protects us from the bad guys. I have also explained that he takes away children who are being bad... you of course believe me and don't want him to come get you, so eventually you settle down and go to sleep. Sometimes it takes you over an hour to do that. I then have to wake you up, since I don't want you sleeping too late, because when you sleep past 5pm, you won't settle down for bedtime at night until about 10pm which is also no good. Pretty soon I think you'll be dropping that nap.

A few times I've told you that it's ok if you don't go to sleep and just have quiet time in your room with books. You brought a ton of books in your bed and pretended to read, it was very cute. After an hour or so I came in and we read a few of them together and you insisted on sitting on my lap.

You've been refusing to go potty and then waiting till the last second and of course then you have lots of accidents. When you do go potty at home, you ask us to close the door and say "I need my privacy!" When did you get this big. At the same time, you ask to be fed at dinner!? Go figure!

We painted your finger nails and your toe nails for the first time! You were so excited, and now you show your hands to everyone! Although, when any of the paint on your fingernails starts to slightly come off, it is a really big concern. Little simple things like this really do make it so fun having a girl!

The bedtime routine has always been a bit of a challenge, but it is still a wonderfully precious time that we spend with you, even if you tend to give us a hard time. Luckily, you seem to be completely comfortable with brushing your teeth and flossing. It is just part of the routine, and you actually look forward to making big swishes and spits with the water.

Lately Daddy and you have started to choreograph little dances to the song that happens to be playing on the ipod when you are getting dressed in your pj's. It is so adorable, and something that I keep telling myself that we need to video. Mostly you do cute little spins, gyrations, spirit fingers, leg lifts, and moonwalks to the music. You are surprisingly close to the beat most of the time.

I think your favorite songs for the dances are "Shake Your Body Down to the Ground" by Michael Jackson and "Walking on the Moon" by the Police. You try to copy what Daddy does and you always have such a big smile and enthusiasm to show me "your new dance moves." I love to have a front row seat to every performance and really hope that you keep this habit up.

We just love this age, and sometimes wish we could just slow it down, and keep you from growing up so fast. We know this is not possible, but it really makes you think about doing everything you can as a parent to savor and enjoy each and every moment.

Photobucket
This was the card I made for your preschool class.

Thanks for my friend Vanessa who helped put the text on the photo. I so need to get my hands on Photoshop and take a class! Hopefully soon!!! Everyone loved the card, I even got a thank you card commenting on how adorable Sascha's valentine was from one of the moms in her class. So sweet! This definitely wasn't my idea, I wish I was this creative. It was a friend of ours Elisa who we met going to the 4S library. She has a daughter Sascha's age, and a son who was born just 10 days after Cameron and an older daughter. She's super sweet and creative and I am so happy she shared this with me.

1 comment:

Salomeya said...

hahaha your policeman strategy is hilarious! Breeding hostility towards authority at such a young age....I approve :)

They are both growing sooo fast I can't believe it. Such cuties