I had this done over a month ago, but forgot all about it with so many other things going on. The baby measured a bit bigger again, so that's good... looks like he's growing well. The main point of this ultrasound was to check the kidneys because of our history with reflux and most measurements taken were normal or borderline. There was one measurement of the cross section of one kidney that was over the normal 4mm mark. The doctor did suggest that we do a follow up ultrasound of the baby's kidneys once he is born. From what I've read, there is about 30% chance of this baby having the reflux that Sascha also has, so we just have to be aware and know what to expect. There may still be nothing to worry about. These measurements are very preliminary and it's one of the most common ones that turn out abnormal, so I am not thinking too much about it at this point, we'll know more when the baby is born.
The ultrasound took a very long time, for some reason something looked "strange" on the image w/the placenta, so after the tech took the images to the doctor I had to lay down again for the doctor to try and get a better picture, when they still couldn't they had to check the cervix and make sure I wasn't dilated, because of the way things looked on the images. I got a bit worried of course, but once everything got cleared up, things were fine and I was on my way out. I won't be having any follow up ultrasounds at the hospital, unless there are other reasons for it. I'll be having one at 35 weeks at my OB's office to check the position of the baby. He's been moving a ton lately! As soon as I lay down and try to go to sleep the kicking begins, and it's strong! It's like a party had just begun. :) The 3rd trimester aches and pains had begun weeks ago, and I am feeling cramps and a lot of pressure once I get up after sitting for a while, and then I am feeling back pains if I am standing up, walking for a long time. I am usually getting up 3 times a night to empty the bladder, so I guess I'll be ready for all those middle of the night feedings that are coming my way. At least now I am able to go back to sleep most of the time. I asked the doctor what her policy on inducing is, and after 38 and half weeks I can be induced, hurray! I of course have a feeling the baby will be here before due date like last time (especially because I just feel like I've gotten much bigger belly w/this pregnancy). I am sure it could mean nothing at all and I hope I don't have any issues and make it to at least 38 weeks, but I am definitely not going over my due date of November 19th. We are getting more and more excited to meet this little guy. It would of course help if we had a name picked out too, but we are still contemplating. We have a favorite or two but we still haven't decided for sure. Seems like girl names are much easier for us than boy ones. We just can't seem to settle on one. At one point we had the middle name decided and now that's changing too. Hope we decide in the next 2 months!
I only got one picture from the last ultrasound and it was of his face.

I am now at 33 weeks, 7 weeks to go! Time is definitely flying by and we are getting more and more excited for this baby to come out so we can meet him. I've also been a little anxious about it. How will Sascha adjust? What's it going to be like - a family of 4, with two little kiddos under 5 years old! Definitely some exciting times ahead!!! For now I am just really trying to enjoy our time with her because I know once the baby comes, my attention will have to be divided and limited, so for now I am still enjoying having her be the center of our universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment