Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby Shower at work

I got a surprise shower at work. I've been asking everyone to not make a big deal about it, and not do anything... maybe just a small lunch with our group, but I came to work Thursday morning to discover my cubicle covered in decorations and baby boy stuff! It was all super cute and completely unexpected. I was about 5 minutes late to a meeting that was set up for 9am, so I was rushing to get there when I first saw the balloons sticking out, and went "Oh No!". I am not a huge fan of a lot of attention, so as usuall I felt my face get flushed and my eyes teary! I don't get surprised often, but they definitely got me... and this is the 2nd time around! Last time I was convinced we were gathering for a "retirement party" for one of the guys leaving our group. It was super sweet of everyone, and I feel very lucky to work at a place with such awesome people!


A few weeks ago I went out to tea with a few girlfriends. It's just something that we like to do every now and then. Go to cute tea shops and hang out for a few hours while enjoying little sandwiches and scones and yummy tea. Well they surprised me there with a few gifts as well. I told everyone that I am not having a shower this time around, I really feel like I just had one very recently and didn't want anyone to go through the trouble of organizing it. I don't think most people have one for their 2nd ones anyways, not that I think there is anything wrong with having one. Plus there is really not much that I need, I have all the big things and I even have a ton of clothes from Marina's son Matty. It worked out very well. She just had a baby girl and I was more than happy to pass on Sascha's girly things to her as well. It makes me happy that someone else gets some use out of them.
Here are a few photos from my coworkers phone camera of my cubicle. Many people stopped by to say congratulations, hard to miss a ton of balloons, garlands and boy things all over. It looked very festive.




No comments: