Friday the 8th was your last day of daycare and this Monday you started preschool.
I was sad to take you there for the last time. Galia was sad to see you go as well. We've been very happy with sending you there because I know you are well taken care of. You eat well, take a proper nap (which you don't always do at home), and you have always liked going there. The coolest part of you going there was that you learned how to speak Russian, since most of the kids that go there only speak Russian at home, you picked it up very quickly. But it was time to say good bye! You seemed like you were ready for Preschool.
After looking at a few places and hearing people's recommendations we went with Carmel Mtn. Preschool that's right next to the high school I went to. You seemed excited at the idea every time we mentioned that you would go there, and the day finally arrived. We got you up and ready to go, your lunch was packed and you seemed eager to leave the house, especially after I handed you your brand new Minnie Lunch Bag. Your face lit up with excitement! A while back I started to look for one with your favorite Mickey Playhouse characters at different stores, but haven't been able to find one. Finally I came across one on Ebay and decided to get it. We thought even though we spent a little more on it than a regular old lunch bag that we probably already had, you would be so excited if Minnie was on it. We were right. It was all worth it.
We took a few photos at home and headed out. We arrived at the preschool just before 9am which is when snack time starts followed by circle time. We walked in and it was empty so we set all the things I brought into your cubby and put your lunch bag into the bin with the rest and waited a few minutes for the kids to arrive. You seemed a bit overwhelmed and clung to us for a few minutes and then it seemed like it was time to go, so we gave you a big hug and a kiss. I introduced you once again to your teachers, and one of them picked you up and asked if you wanted to be her helper to pass out the Graham crackers as a snack and you agreed.
We walked out and daddy said something to me about how big and independent a girl you are now, and I couldn't help but tear up. Yes... you are getting so big! Almost 3 years old! Where has the time gone? Feels like we just brought you home from the hospital!
We walked into the front office to make sure they knew that we came and one of the Directors Donna said that we can call anytime to check on you and they'll connect us to the classroom. I headed to work, but couldn't stop thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Around noon, I asked daddy to call since he was home and I was at work and he couldn't seem to get through, so then we waited after nap time and called after 2:30 and they said you were doing great, you had most of your lunch, but you wanted to read books instead of going down for a nap. That was no huge surprise. We've been struggling with you taking a nap for a few weeks now and if you do take one, it's usually not until after 1:30 that we even attempt. So we need to adjust to the new schedule where you wake up earlier, have breakfast and lunch earlier so that you can be tired enough for a nap at 12:30 and then hopefully go to bed earlier too.
In any case I was happy to hear that you were having a good day so far.
Daddy picked you up around after 4:30 when you were at the playground and you didn't even want to go. You wanted to keep playing! Everyone told him that you had a great first day and even the ladies at the front desk commented at how adorable you were.
Once I got home from work you seemed super tired, at one point you laid down on the rug and were making all sort of noises, you were totally tuckered out. Daddy tried to put you to bed earlier, but you still didn't really settle down till almost 9am.
The 2 days went well too. You went in with daddy without a problem and when I picked you up, you had just begun to leave the playground with your class. You saw me from the top of the hill and started running. You ran so hard I was afraid you were going to fall. Your teachers told me you had a good day again, but you didn't eat too well. I think we may have to stick to sandwiches since that you'll pretty much eat those for sure.
On your 4th day, we found out that you got into a bit of trouble on the playground. You threw sand at the other kids, and wouldn't stop when they asked you not to do it. Naughty!!! Just this weekend we were at the beach with our friends Vanessa and David and you were playing so well with their two boys Ethan and Sebastian. There was some sand throwing, but it wasn't that bad and didn't seem deliberately aimed at anyone. I guess you decided to continue to throw sand... and target a few kids. Hopefully you won't keep doing that again since we talked to you multiple times about the fact that it's not acceptable behavior, not that you always listen.
Overall your teacher Ms. Holand said that you are having a great first week. So far you seem to like Mss Holand a lot and Ms. Robin not so much. Funny but we sort of had the same impression when we first met them, but it's only been 4 days!
Last day with Galia and the rest of the kids at the day care

Super excited for the Minnie Lunch Bag

On our way out


No comments:
Post a Comment