Her room took forever. It's amazing how slow things happen when you have a little child running around keeping you extra busy. It also doesn't help that we schedule a bunch of other things at the same time. Jeromey just did a 100 mile bike ride from Irvine to Mission bay to raise money for MS. He had a great time, but that meant the whole weekend was basically gone in a blink of an eye! So yes, this little room project (that turned out to be a pretty big room project!) was started over a month ago, and it's finally done!!! I think it turned out great! Now we hope Sascha likes it too. She has been waking up in the middle of the night screaming. Not sure why... night terrors? We had thunder and lighting one night, so that could have scared her as well.
We were finishing it up in the evening, and you were running around like crazy playing with things you shouldn't be playing with and we let you stay up late too because we weren't done with the room. You seemed excited about it. You and daddy read a few books on the bed, and it was time to say good night. You started fussing and saying you want your small bed, and we said that you're a bit girl now and have a big room with a big bed. You got out of the bed at least a dozen times, but eventually you went to sleep. It just takes you a while to fall asleep. Sometimes you stay in your bed for over 45 minutes singing and talking.


A few more things need to go up on the wall, but it's basically done.
Now onto the baby room. It's a work in progress and here is what it looks like so far. We are missing the crib. It's actually broken and we are trying to get it fixed. The wall border is going up this weekend and a few accessories for the walls as well. And we'll be all done!

As for me, we had our ultrasound at 35 and half weeks, and the baby is down which is great. He was measuring big, or about a week ahead as before - 6 lbs (Sascha's weight when she was born). I am already 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced, but of course that doesn't mean that the baby will be here next week, I could stay like that for weeks. I hope to make it to November... my guess or wish is he'll be arriving early November, but you never know! I am definitely feeling ready... I've felt very "heavy" and pretty tired for the last 2 weeks. Some nights are better than others, but I usually get up every 2 hrs and not always able to go back to sleep. Last day of work was this monday! I've just been at home getting things in order, visiting friends. I already feel much better, more prepared, and organized. Must be the nesting kicking in. We can't wait to meet this little boy! I can't believe I am going to be holding a small little baby in my arms! It's all a bit surreal, but I feel very lucky already to be mommy to a little boy.

As for me, we had our ultrasound at 35 and half weeks, and the baby is down which is great. He was measuring big, or about a week ahead as before - 6 lbs (Sascha's weight when she was born). I am already 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced, but of course that doesn't mean that the baby will be here next week, I could stay like that for weeks. I hope to make it to November... my guess or wish is he'll be arriving early November, but you never know! I am definitely feeling ready... I've felt very "heavy" and pretty tired for the last 2 weeks. Some nights are better than others, but I usually get up every 2 hrs and not always able to go back to sleep. Last day of work was this monday! I've just been at home getting things in order, visiting friends. I already feel much better, more prepared, and organized. Must be the nesting kicking in. We can't wait to meet this little boy! I can't believe I am going to be holding a small little baby in my arms! It's all a bit surreal, but I feel very lucky already to be mommy to a little boy.
3 comments:
So exciting! We can't wait for news about the little one. And Sascha is going to be a fantastic big sister!
Very good job on the rooms!! Cant wait to see the new baby!
Sascha's room is beautiful. Can't wait to meet your new member :)
Post a Comment