
I am definitely feeling like I am getting to the home stretch. The last few days have been tough. Seems that I cannot be in a sitting position for too long, once I get up I feel a ton of pressure and I am super slow and crouched when I start walking, after a while I am able to "walk it off" and start looking semi-normal, but still slow. I started to get concerned because sometimes it was quite painful, so once I called the doctor they wanted me to come in earlier than scheduled just to make sure everything is ok. Today we saw Dr. Marshall and she reassured us that things are going well. Apparently the baby has now dropped so her head is quite low and that's where the increased pressure is mostly coming from, so it's not early contractions or anything like that and I am not yet dilated which is good. The baby is just getting ready to come out and I have to take it easy and bare with it. I am definitely going to try and work for a few more weeks and then either try to arrange to work from home or go on disability for the last few weeks after Thanksgiving. She's moving all the time, and I feel the hiccups daily as well, I just can't believe how much I've grown and carrying around such a big belly, I should have measured it from the start just to compare! I've gained a total of 19-21 lbs, and I have less than 6 weeks to go (assuming she's coming on time or before the due date of December 15)
Week 33 Development:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment