Monday, November 19, 2007

Baby Shower

I had the best time at my baby shower. I must say I have the most wonderful friends and family. It's hard to put in words, but everything was perfect. The decorations, the food, the games, the gifts, everything! I got a very cute Parenting 101 book, where people wrote their advice for a particular age starting from birth to 30 years old and I read some of the out loud, they were so funny! Everyone really put some thought and humor into them. The Video questions were probably the funniest and the most unique idea. There were over 20 questions to answer and then my answers were being matched up with Jeromey's answers. Well little did I know that Jeromey had his answers videotaped and edited at a friends house. So after I answered, they would play his answers on a projector screen for everyone to hear. His delivery was probably the best part, and of course the answers were hilarious, and a few made me a bit emotional.
Here are a couple of memorable ones: How many diapers has Jeromey changed in his life? My answer was going to be very few, I said well may be 5, just to give him the benefit of the doubt. His answer was: while he watched quite a few of them being changed, but has never changed one himself and he plans on continuing that supervisory role! Hah, we'll see about that. And another question was: if we had a plan for who was going to be responsible for what and when especially at night time? I said we haven't really made a plan, but we really should, while Jeromey said that he's investigated the issue and has talked to many reliable sources which was also backed up by medical research that between the hours of 10pm and 8am, the baby calls for the mother 95% of the time, and for the father 5% of the time, so he's planning on sticking to that schedule. Nice one daddy! =) That of course got lots of laughs!

Towards the end of the shower when Jeromey came over to get me, he was presented with a "Daddy Doody Belt" that was equipped w/tongs, diapers, wipes, air freshener, gloves and a mask. He'll be needing that very soon to step outside his supervisory role of changing diapers.

Here are a few pictures from the party. Check out the coolest Diaper Cake, as well as the real cake w/the teddy bear on it wearing a diaper. All so cute! Thanks to all my friends and family as well as Jeromey's family who planned everything and also to those who were able to come celebrate, it wouldn't have been the same without you! We got some awesome gifts, and we cannot wait to use them when the baby comes. Jeromey and I are so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!




No comments: