It's been a busy few weeks. Sascha started another year of her preschool. Daddy and I celebrated our 6th year anniversary over Labor Day weekend. Once again he managed to totally surprise me with an amazing day at the Grand Del Mar. We had the most relaxing day at the Spa and dinner there. Funny how this place is actually less than 15 minutes away from our house and the whole time I was there, I felt like I was on an island someplace. It felt like a little get away, and just what we needed. How did I get this lucky? Daddy has got to be one of the most thoughtful husbands in the world!
We had a super fun night of camping in our friends back yard, although I cheated and walked home pushing a stroller with a sleeping baby in it in the middle of the night and actually slept in my own bed instead of the tent. Sascha however really enjoyed sleeping in a tent and daddy took one for the team and slept next to her. She had so much fun playing with her friends, planting, going on a scavenger hunt, hikes and of course eating smores.
The night before camping, we had one of the biggest blackouts in the city. All of San Diego lost its power for over 10 hours, and we braved the dark with our lantern, flashlights and candles. It was out of the norm, and actually pretty fun. The TV and the computer was off, our phones were dead, we just went outside without any distractions, had a BBQ and hung out with Baba & Deda. Good times!
Recap: Reading a book in a chair at a furniture store, eating raspberries off her fingers, wanting to drive, camping with his babies, hanging out with Erin, going to Funbelievable indoor playground, sporting an FSU onsie, listening to da BEATS, holding a flashlight during a blackout, bedtime, anniversary night & dessert, grand del mar pool and a moody baby
No comments:
Post a Comment