Thursday, September 1, 2011

End of Summer Fun & Play Dates

Where had the summer gone?

Well besides the weekend fun, just about every Friday we attempted to do something fun! We hosted a playgroup at home... sadly I have no pictures from it, I guess we were having way too much fun or I was way too busy to take any. We went to Kidding Around, The Zoo, The Wild Animal Park which they are now calling Safari Park, we went to friends houses for play dates, RB Swim & Tennis Club, Moonlight Beach and Sea World. Saturday mornings were spent going to Little Kickers soccer, followed by a trip to the 7-11 for a special treat. An ICE that had to be a specific color, whatever color favorite of the day - a request from Sascha. One weekend, we planned a play date with her good friend Sadie from preschool. We went to a pond to feed the ducks. Another weekend, while daddy stayed home with Cameron and had his football draft, Sascha and I had a date at Sea World. I have not been there for Summer nights where they have special night shows and fireworks. We had such a great time together! It was nice to have great company too since we met up with Marjeri and Kingston there. We tried to frequent the pool as well, and for some reason every single time Sascha wasn't thrilled about going, it would take her forever to finally get in (unless we just forced her in) and then finally after 20 minutes in the water she would actually swim and have fun. Of course by then she is usually shivering cold and we have to get out. This was pretty much the trend every time we went swimming. However when she gets a lesson at Floaties from Mr. Josh, she has no issues with the pool. Go figure!

We had a bunch of birthday parties to attend as well. Sascha is now very much aware of what "party" means. When I told her that we are going to stop by a work party before going to Sea World, she quickly posed the question : "Will there be a jumpie there?" I had to break the news to her and tell her that there was no jumpie at this party. :)

We have really been enjoying our back yard! Sascha is getting really good at swinging, she has masted the leg pumping, and gets up pretty high (almost dangerously high ... especially if Baba is watching). She loves her playground, water table, and all the different ways of transportation out there. She is starting to get much better on her princess bike, she's super fast on the plasma car. We often have races around the "track" - the small paved road that goes around the back yard! It started to get dark earlier, which is too bad, we got pretty used to playing out there after dinner till 8pm.

Sounds like a pretty fun summer doesn't it? Oh what I would do to be a kid again... why is it that I remember how badly I wanted to grow up when I was a child. I dreaded nap time, and now I would give anything for a quiet 20 minutes where I could put my head down and rest.

And that sums up our summer. Sure we both had to work. Sascha enjoyed going to preschool and having splash days every week, while Cameron was at home with the Nanny. But we really tried to make the most out of our time together. I only wish I would make a separate blog entry out of each outing we had, and if I had all the time in the world I certainly would. Instead it's going to be crammed into this one blog post. I also wish that I had more pictures with me in them. I am usually the one taking them, so pics of me with the kids are rare, and I feel like I should have more.

<span class=
Saturday mornings - playing soccer

<span class=
Our Beach outing - we only went a few times, but Cameron loved the sand. Sascha refused to go near the water, and played in the sand the whole time as well.

<span class=
Zoo, Safari Park with Ethan, and a date with my baby girl to Sea World



<span class=
Hanging out in the back yard. Sascha really enjoys pushing Cameron in the swing

<span class=
On a train ride at Old Poway Park for Cillian's 3rd Birthday
<span class=
Playing Dress up at home - this is a dress she wanted to wear ...something that you may see a Flamenco dancer wear, it was brought to you from Spain by Baba & Deda

No comments: