From about 8:30 to 11:30, we couldn't put you down. You were so exhausted and up since 4:30pm. I tried to feed you around 8:30 and then off to bed, but you weren't having it. I had to pick you up and rock you, after about 10 minutes I would try to put you down in the crib and you start crying again. I didn't know if it was the breathing that bothered you or it could also be your tummy. Once we started solids, you haven't been pooping regularly like you used to. I even stopped doing the rice cereal and went to oatmeal and made prune puree, which seemed to help, but then you stopped for a couple of days again. So may be it was your tummy that hurt. We really couldn't tell, but the only time you would stop crying was when we held you. So we ended up taking you into the our bed, but every 45 minutes you would wake up and start crying again. I ended up nursing you, and once you ate you were happy as a clam. It was such a difference, almost like out baby got switched with another one at 8:30 pm and then returned back to us at 11:30.
The next night was similar, except for we were out for a friends birthday in the evening and I found my mom holding you in your room at 11:30pm. You were perfectly happy sleeping in her arms and as soon as I took you and tried to re swaddle you since you came out of it, you were mad. It took over an hour to get you back to sleep and once again I ended up nursing you, which I normally do not do this late anymore. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon, especially since daddy is going to Florida this week to visit his grandparents, aunt/uncle and cousins.
Sascha has a similar cold too and on top of that has been a total hand full the last week or so. We've had so many frustrated nights. One in particular where she ended up in the shower and then sent to bed before 8pm bedtime. Not sure what happened this week, but she has gotten particularly stubborn and just don't want to listen and do anything that we ask of her, sometimes flailing to the floor. Getting you to do anything has been a challenge, putting on clothes, bedtime, and of course our usual mealtime where you refuse to eat just about everything unless it's your 5 favorite items (mac n' cheese, cheese quesadilla, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese & spaghetti). Good luck to anyone trying to feed you anything else. I really hope this behavior is temporary! You are still our cute little munchkin, I just wish you didn't test us the way you have been lately.
I know it's just a stage, and before I know it, we'll be moving on to something else, another challenge. Oh the joys of parenting! I sometimes think kids teach us, more than we teach them... for example I am finding patience that I never knew I had... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment