Well I decided Cameron was ready to try some rice cereal. It also happened to be that you turned 5 months on that day. Sascha's first rice cereal experience was a bit earlier but I don't think she took to it right away. You on the other hand were totally excited about it. You opened your mouth and swallowed it all up, hardly spitting any of it out. I guess you really were ready. Aaah... another stage is upon us, solid feeding! I know I say this a lot, but I can't believe how fast you're growing.
At 5 months you are now starting to grab your feet, and you pick up toys and put them in your mouth. You drool a lot, especially while sitting down.
You are still such an good baby. You hardly fuss, unless you're tired or hungry or bored. Nights have been pretty steady at this point. You usually eat your last meal sometime around 9pm and by 10pm you are asleep. Most of the time you don't wake up till about 5:30 or 6am, but there has been a few times where you woke up at 4am and refused the pacifier so I had to feed you. I think it was because you didn't get enough to eat during the day. So you've been sleeping about 8-9 hours during the night. According to babywise you should be sleeping 10-11, and I think Sascha was doing that by this time, but I will take 8 or 9 and be happy about it. Of course it would help if I went to sleep when you go down, but that's my only time to clean up, do laundry, unwind, post to the blog, upload pictures and etc. Somehow before I know it it's midnight and I am up at 5:30! Oh well, there is never enough time to do everything.
I love this stage, where you are still stationary and you just love to cuddle. I just want to hold you all evening long. You are such a little sweetie. Even Sascha comes over and calls you "my sweetie boy!". The other day she came over dragging my boppy pillow on the floor, sat down next to the swing and started feeding her baby with a toy bottle of milk on top of the pillow... just like when I feed you. I had to snap a little picture, it was just the cutest little thing and she did it completely on her own.
You love to talk and giggle too. One night daddy would scare you with a "boo" sound and you would just be cracking up. Sascha joined in with her boos as well and you laughed and laughed. You love people, you smile at Baba, Deda, Inna, Grandpa... just about everyone who comes in contact with you.



1 comment:
I absolutely cannot believe he is this big already! What a cutie. He looks so happy :)
Post a Comment