Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter

We had a fun day with you on Easter. We haven't done the egg thing until this year. I learned how to make a basket this year. Since I've never really celebrated Easter before, I didn't know what to really do. And not like we really celebrate it for religious reasons now, but it all just seems in good fun, I thought why not... you should have an Easter basket full of goodies this year! So we celebrated... in a very commercial and consumer sort of way. :)

Daddy hid a bunch of eggs around the living room where you play. Just about every stuff animal was holding an egg, and you almost screamed with excitement when you found them. The very first egg you wanted to open immediately and it was filled with marshmallow bunnies and you had a couple and then we diverted your attention to more eggs, and you easily found them and put them in your basket. Then you sat down and opened every egg which either had a toy in it or a few candies. You quickly caught on and wanted more and more the candy, so we had to take it away... sorry, but you refused to eat breakfast afterwards and I of course blamed daddy for it!

We also got to celebrate it with your grandma Sherry in Old Town, she basket stuffed with great goodies for you, and a week later we did another egg hunt at grandpa Dave and grandma Laurie's house with your cousins. You loved finding the eggs there too!

Some of the funny things you're doing these days:

You are so much better at sharing, even when you see your friend drop a toy, you run up to pick it up and then give it to them (unless of course you're super interested in it). Every single day you ask to see your friend Kingston. You love playing with him and you guys play so well together! It's a good thing we live so close. Just last week we went to meet Kingston's baby sister Kasia for the first time and you really didn't mind it at all when I was holding her. You asked to hold her a few times and we said not yet, and you went back to playing. You were very curious about her and did gently pat her head, which was very cute.

Every day I am still amazed that you're such a little person now. I can ask you if you want a certain thing to eat, and you will answer. You've also tried foods and said "I don't like it" with a fussy face pushing the plate away. You say that it hurts if I pull on your hair too strong trying to brush it into a pony tail. You ask where things are? Ask to put things on. You really understand so much more than we sometimes realize. You've learned how to put your shoes on by yourself. You often choose your clothes, or you definitely let us know what you don't want to wear. You have a great memory and remember where you left things (like your "sumka", a little purse w/tiny little animals in it that you love). If I told you that you get a sticker for going on a potty, you will hold me to it, and ask for a sticker once you're done (and you're disappointed when you don't get the sticker if nothing happened when you go on the potty). You can get very silly, and make faces and funny noises and then laugh at yourself... daddy encourages this behavior a little more than I do, but it's all in good fun!
Here are some photos from Easter.



Mickey with the egg

Finding jelly beans in the egg




Sascha had her face painted for the first time


Another easter basket
Looking for the eggs with the girls
Cousins and their bunnies

No comments: