Thursday, May 7, 2009

17 Months

At 17 months you have a few new words including: hi, bye, baby, sheez (for shoes).
You are signing more and more, I am surprised every time I see it. You sign for eat, drink, milk, more, dog, bird, wash your hands, please, shoes, banana, cracker, train and I think you understand a few others... but haven't signed them yet.

Teeth brushing had a slight improvement in the last few weeks, as i've now made it part of your routine to take you to the bathroom, sit you on the countertop and start brushing my teeth to show you what I am about to do. You figured out how to turn the water on while sitting on the countertop and when I turn it off you start laughing and I am able to brush your teeth while your mouth is open. :) We do that repeatedly since you are still resisting and push the brush out with your tongue . Eating is still the same, sometimes you'll surprise us and eat and other times not so much. Somehow you tried a piece of cucumber and liked it, as well as a radish... which is so strange (because most people don't like how bitter they are), but you actually saw someone eating it and wanted it... so I gave it to you to try.

We've now had a few sessions of the music class, and you have a lot of fun there. I think you recognize the songs now because I play them for you in the car and at home and you hum along as well as dance. You are usually not very shy in class, I hardly get to enjoy having you sit on my lap. You're super active and as soon as you see kids get up and walk around, you are right up there with them checking things out. You also love all the little instruments that they pass out.

Running has been something you're into lately, especially when you're trying to get away from us because you know we're coming after you. Climbing on the couch is something that you learned in the last few weeks. You got super good at it while we went away for the weekend, so grandma really had a fun time trying to keep up with you. Looks like you're having a lot of fun exploring. You love picking flowers in our yard and grandparent's yard or pretty much anywhere where you see flowers, you want to pick them. You love your little tricycle that we got for you. It's now a new way to get around, other than the stroller. You're pretty content on it for a long period of time. We went to Sea World with some friends and their babies for the first time a week ago, and had a blast, you did so well. We were gone the whole day and you napped in your stroller (I was afraid that you wouldn't) and you sat through most of the shows that we saw, I can't wait to take you back! I discovered that you're a little bit afraid of large fish... we were in an aquarium and the shark exhibit and you held on super tight and when I tried to get close to the glass you squeezed my arm even harder.

Well I think that just about sums up your last month. I am sure I've forgotten a few things because it's tough to keep track and you're changing and growing so much.
These 2 pictures were taken by our friend Vanessa who is such an awesome photographer, I have so much to learn!

Little munckin at 17 months


No comments: