In the last few weeks, it seems like you've gone through so many changes. Here is a short recap.
You no longer like the food that we've made for you, anything with veggies or soups that the nanny makes, you refuse to eat. So I had to buy a bunch of jarred food for you because some of those jars you eat just fine. Then for about a week you stopped eating cereal too, although last few days you are back to liking it. The food that we put for you on a tray in pieces at first goes on the floor, you pick it up look at it, and then throw it down (unless it's cheese), even after we say "No" and you seem to understand that too, because you follow up with a head shake. Then at some point you give it a try and if you like it, you eat it. So it's been a challenge to feed you. Before I could trick you into eating veggies by covering them up in yogurt, but that's no longer the case, in fact you don't even like the yogurt that you used to love so much. We did try "yo baby" yogurt yesterday and you did like that a lot, but of course it's because there is fruit in it and it's sweet unlike the one I have you before. You have no problem with fruits. But if you don't like something and you get frustrated, you make little fists with your hands and you do a little scream in frustration, like "stop feeding me". Lately you really dislike going into your high chair, you start crying immediately. Sometimes I manage to distract you if you put a few pieces of cereal on the tray before you get strapped in. I keep trying with signing language but I have yet to see you sign. :) So meanwhile you're getting a bit of a temper, which we're not that fond of... although entertaining we try not to laugh. I am sure if you do this all the time, we're definitely not going to find it very entertaining. Sure seems like mealtime in general has gotten to be a bit of a challenge.
As far as walking goes, you're making progress every day, you are still taking 3-4 steps on your own and then either sit down or leap into our arms. You have face planted a few times, when you decide to leap and we're not even looking or there. No bad accidents yet, luckily.
I've seen you attempt to get up on your own without holding onto anything, so you're still working on that one. When we hold 2 of your hands you start to almost run, and when we hold just 1 you're able to walk a bit better than before.
We've discovered your love for music and dance. As soon as you hear a tune, you start moving your body, and dancing... it's so cute. Also when you play with toys and you accomplish something instead of clapping (although we've seen you attempt to clap a few times) you start moving your body w/your arms side to side, it's very funny. It's sort of the same when you dance. I'll have to try and catch it on video.
You're talking all the time, and some of your words definitely sound like things that you're calling out. Like "ba" for bottle or balloon, but other things are just baby language... I sure wish I could understand what you're saying sometimes. You're able to copy the intonations in our voice pretty well, like "oh - oh", or "oh-no".
Well I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of other new little things that you do... your personality is developing so much already.
No comments:
Post a Comment