Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Week 25 and Week 26 (6 months)


We had our week 25 appointment last week. The wait was super long because the doctor had to pick up extra appointments since Dr. Lim wasn't there for some reason.
But we finally got to see her. She listened to the heart beat which was at 140, and I told her that I had some pain in my leg, probably from stretching a ligament by pushing boxes w/my feet. Since things are loosening up in my body, she said to take it easy which I have been. It hasn't been too bad, just some days I really feel it in my lower back and the leg, probably when I walk too much or bend down too much. It's difficult to get used to it because I still want to do so much during the day, but the tiredness gets to me before I can say I am finished. Here is the latest picture! I gained about 10 lbs so far. She kicks quite a bit, I love feeling the movement, I think it's the coolest thing during the whole pregnancy.
Jeromey and I went to his high school reunion which is always interesting. There was one girl there who was due in 10 days, and a couple others who just had babies, so it was fun to talk to them and hear about their experiences.
I think we'll start on working on painting the nursery in a few weeks! I can't wait to see what it will turn out like.

Week 25 Development:
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — doesn't sound like much, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. Her hair is probably recognizable now (in color and texture), although both may change after she's born.

Week 26 Development:
Your baby now weighs a little under 2 pounds and measures about 14 inches, from head to heel. The nerve pathways in her ears are developing, which means her response to sounds is growing more consistent. Her lungs are developing now, too, as she continues to take small breaths of amniotic fluid — good practice for when she's born and takes that first breath of air.

pregnancy week by week

No comments: