Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 22, Week 23 and Week 24

Yes, I am a bit behind on the posts. It has been a busy 3 weeks to say the least because of the move, but we're are all moved as of last week, and now just working on unpacking. We love our new house, and it is already starting to feel like a home. Luckily we still have a few months to work on the nursery and get everything situated.

I've been feeling pretty well, just super tired, mostly because of all the running around we're doing lately, I get completely exhausted at the end of the day. Sometimes it's hard to find a comfortable position to sit or sleep. The pillow I got a few months ago is definitely coming in handy at night.

I've gained a total of about 5-7 lbs at this point. The belly is looking huge (will post a picture soon) at least to me, some people have told me that I am small, and the kicks feel strong, I can even see her actual kick sometimes if I stare and wait for it. That's been fun! Sometimes it feels like there is a soccer match going on inside me, I can't help but giggle when that happens. Jeromey can feel them as well, when he puts his hand on the stomach, so now we can share the experience, sort of... One night he decided to start singing and the kicking definitely picked up, it was pretty funny.
I am on my way to 3rd trimester, these last few months have flown by.

Week 22 Development:
Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches and almost 1 pound. Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her head and body is now visible. Her lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. Her eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily.

Week 23 Development:
Your baby is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. His skin is red and wrinkled. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare him for breathing. He can swallow, but he normally won't pass his first stool (called meconium) until after birth. Loud noises heard often in utero — such as your dog barking or the roar of a vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze your baby when he hears them outside the womb.

Week 24 Development:
Your baby's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when she was just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, that makes a pretty lean figure, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, her brain is growing rapidly, and her taste buds are developing. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance **that helps the air sacs inflate easily.

1 comment:

ClairesMom said...

Hi Anna!

I love to read your blog! I found it in my inbox from a while back and am so glad I did. It sounds like you are feeling good. I remember worrying about not gaining much weight either, but it will come! Have you thought of names? We will have to try and visit you three next year for our kids to meet! Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy, it is surprising how fast you can forget, even though in the moment you think you will never forget! Talk to you soon!
Love, Brandy, Josh & Claire