It's always so strange to me to have this mix of emotions. On one hand I can't wait for you to get bigger, to become a little boy, a little man, to see what's in store for you. However, I feel a little bit of sadness with each little step you take, as you get more independent and now able to reach the top of the dining table or a counter top, as you start to climb up the stairs when we forget to close the gate, and yes as you get your first hair cut.
It was due. I knew it, and daddy convinced me that we needed to take you. The curls on the back would get all tangled up and I couldn't even brush them anymore, they started to turn into little tiny fuzz balls. April 1st was the day.
It was due. I knew it, and daddy convinced me that we needed to take you. The curls on the back would get all tangled up and I couldn't even brush them anymore, they started to turn into little tiny fuzz balls. April 1st was the day.
So I called and made an appointment for Sunday afternoon. You weren't happy about getting your hair cut. You tried to escape as soon as I sat you down on the chair, so I had to sit in the chair and hold you. You cried, twisted and turned, but we accomplished what we set out to do. The girl cutting your hair was very sweet and even gave you a lollipop. Sometimes you focused on Elmo which was playing in front of you or snacks that I brought which made you stop crying for a few moments, but most of the time you weren't happy to be there until she was done. It turned out super cute! It wasn't very short and we could still see the curls, they were just more of tamed waves. You are such a handsome little guy! And for all your hard work you got to enjoy a lollipop, your 2nd one ever!
Now I really need to figure out how we can attempt to cut your hair at home.
Seriously check out the crazy hair in that before photo. Crying... what he did most of the hair cutting process.Now I really need to figure out how we can attempt to cut your hair at home.
Pure cuteness... it's actually tamed, it doesn't look like much hair was cut on top... but there was.
Enjoying his lollipop.


No comments:
Post a Comment