We had our anatomy ultrasound today. All the measurements looked great. It was confirmed that it's definitely a boy! He sure wasn't shy about showing us that one... it was one of the first things that popped up on the screen. So we got our confirmation after a spoiled surprise. Part of me is still a little bitter about it, another part is happy to know ahead of time. It was exciting to see the baby move, he was so active, the lady had trouble getting some of the pictures of the heart because he was constantly moving. He measured almost a week ahead! The doctor said she would like me to come back for a 28 week ultrasound to check the kidneys again because of Sascha's history with the reflux. The baby's kidneys measured normal, but she said they appeared very pronounced on the cross section picture, so we'll go once more to make sure that things are ok.
He wasn't shy taking pictures, seemed like he even posed for a few with his hand up, we even have one with a thumb up. I started feeling him move sometime last week. It's definitely one of the coolest feelings ever!

Profile

I don't think we have any doubt that it's a BOY!
Yawning?
So seeing him on the screen today once again made things so real for us. Crazy to think that in just 4 more months we'll be a family of 4. Wow... are we going to have our hands full or what? haha
I think we are up for the challenge, yes it's not going to be easy, but all so worth it.
Being pregnant for the 2nd time is definitely not an easy task. I can truly say I enjoyed my 1st pregnancy a lot more, probably because I had more time to focus on me, be in better shape, and just take care of myself... well and Jeromey (sometimes ;) ). This time around, chasing after a toddler is no easy task while being pregnant. Sascha likes to run away, or throw things and I am constantly on the go. Weekends are the hardest because we're always on the go, and through out the week I am resting at work since I am sitting down most of the time I am there. I seem to have some back issues, mostly one one side, but they are pretty severe. Ones I probably had in late 3rd trimester. It's a bit scary because I still have long ways to go. Sometimes it's very painful to walk, I am already so slow as it is, I can only imagine what it will be like as my belly grows. I am sure 20 weeks will fly by really fast... once I am looking back at it and i won't remember any of the aches once I have a beautiful baby boy in my arms! That's when the work really begins anyways! For now we will enjoy having dinner with just having to take care of one little one, instead of the baby crying and Sascha throwing food on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment