Our Father's day was pretty low key, similar to the Mother's day we had last month. Although Jeromey had scheduled to help a friend with a video job without realizing that it falls on Father's day, so he actually had to work a great part of the day. So we had to try and make the most out of our morning together.
Daddy loves going out to breakfast and we don't do it too often so I wanted to either go to a favorite place of his "Cafe on Park" in Hillcrest or a new place that we could pick in La Jolla so that we could go spend some time at the beach later on. But since I woke up feeling a bit sick and hadn't had a very good night of sleep, we decided to keep it local and go to Panera for breakfast and coffee. Afterwards we took Sascha to a park in 4S Ranch so that she can play in the sun. Well I completely forgot that there is a splash zone right next to it and
I didn't bring anything for her to wear to run in the water or a towel to dry off. At first she didn't seem interested in going, but after she was done w/the slides and climbing, running and swinging, she wanted to explore the water park... and we let her. I had a change of clothes for her, so I said why not, let her run around in her clothes and get it soaked... needless to say she had a blast. Here are a few photos from our morning together.

Getting Help going down from a very tall play structure

Swinging away together

Right before getting really soaking wet! I wish I had taken more pictures of that!
Thank you daddy for being such an amazing husband, best friend and an amazing father. We are truly so lucky to have you and love you with all of our hearts! We love you for everything you bring to our lives, and know that you will always be there,we can count on you and you will never let us down. It brings such happiness to me, to see Sascha run up to you and greet you after a long day at work, the quality time you spend with us cannot be quantified. The love I see in your eyes when she puts her head down on your shoulder is indescribable. The baths, the nighttime stories, even the brushing and flossing her teeth, the little things that you do every day! You are the best daddy on the planet to our little munchkin daughter! I also love that we will have a boy, and you will have such a different bond with him, love him as much as you love all of us, and teach him to become a man that you know he can be. I hope he gets all your wonderful qualities and I look forward to seeing that happen.
You gave me the biggest gift of all and that's Motherhood. I couldn't imagine sharing that bond with anyone else. I know it sounds cheesy, but I feel like our life is complete together and you have given me something that I was missing and didn't know about it. I love how you always try to surprise us, even though I get nervous when I anticipate something going on. You are still determined to do what you set out to do, and it always ends up so very special and memorable... just the way you wanted.
I knew when I first met you that you would be an amazing father watching you with your little brother and my little nephew. I think it was one of the very first things that I was so impressed by when we first met.
I love you!!!
1 comment:
What a sweet post, happy late father's day Jeormey. Seems like you enjoyed the day :)
Post a Comment