
We are pregnant! Due date is sometime around November 19th. Seems like we all like having our birthdays close together, so this one is going be a few weeks before mine and Sascha's. :) At least it's not December... unless I am 2 weeks late, and I sure hope that's not the case!
Our first appointment went well, we saw the heart beat and the baby measured a little over 8 weeks. I felt like I was so much bigger so early on, that I was actually scared to find out if we were having twins. I was happy to see one baby and a heart beat.
We have decided NOT to find out the sex this time around. It was something Jeromey asked for first time around, but I just couldn't do it the first time... I am too much of a planner, but I promised that for our 2nd time around it can be a surprise. Well it didn't exactly go according to that plan...
We also had our first trimester ultrasound. The baby did not cooperate and get into the proper position to do the measurements and we were scheduled to come back the next week. However, the baby did cooperate and show us something else, even though we really didn't want to know.
The ultrasound tech tried all sorts of different ways to get the baby in the right position, but no luck, all of the sudden we saw the baby's 2 legs, and here is what happened after:
The tech: "Who do you have at home?
Us: "A girl"
The tech: "Well, I think I know what you're having"
Us in a hurry: "We wanted to keep it a surprise!!!!!!!!"
The tech: "Oh... well that can be fun!"
As she is saying this... we see 2 legs up on the screen...
We look at each other and know exactly what we're looking at! IT'S a BOY!
She even printed a picture for us! Thanks lady... which part of "I wanted to keep it a surprise didn't you hear?" Unless of course she printed it before we blurted it out.
We didn't even think to give her a heads up on not telling us the sex prior to her getting started, mostly because we were there for the 1st trimester measurements, not the anatomy ultrasound that happens at 20 weeks, and because I am only 12 something weeks along... who would have though that you'd be able to see this early and this clearly.
After her reaction and the confirmation of the picture it really wasn't hard to figure out. There is just no way she would be this sure if it was a girl, although she never officially announced that it's a boy!
So we both left a bit in shock, we are of course super excited, but this really wasn't the way we expected to find out. But I guess this is the way things are meant to be. After a nerve racking and long appointment without any results other than finding out what we didn't expect to know,
we returned for another ultrasound the following week and the baby cooperated with the measurements and all is well, so we were very happy to hear that!
Here is a picture from one of the ultrasounds @ 12.5 weeks


1 comment:
WOW! Congratulations, that's really exciting!!! Too bad you had to find about it before you wanted but it was for a reason :)
Post a Comment