Thursday, March 11, 2010

Troublemaker


This is a funny story we will look back on. Well not so funny when you have to clean up the mess, but in a few years I am sure we'll remember it.

You and I got home and I was busy in the kitchen getting dinner started, while you decided that you really wanted to draw on the easel board in the living room. You discovered the extra colorful crayons that were hidden under some stuff in the pantry, and brought them to me. I don't usually let you play with crayons or markers on your own because I am afraid that you'll decide to decorate our walls with your art, so I told you to wait until I was finished in the kitchen and that we'll draw in a few minutes. You wined and wined and I told you that's not how you ask for things, so you changed your tune and asked nicely and said please. So we went in the other room to draw. A few minutes later Daddy came home from work and I asked him to take over so that I can go finish up dinner. You drew together for a bit and it seemed like you were done. The crayons were put on the dining table. 5 minutes later he walked in and saw blue crayon all over your hands and the sleeves of your shirt. I should mention that these are not regular crayons, they are the "marker" type that are extra rich in color and go on very smooth on paper, or in this case your hands! Daddy took you to wash up and put the crayons on the table again (big mistake... because they should have been put away!) Well the next time (in another 15 minutes) he walked into the room, you had gotten a hold of the red crayon and drew all over the carpet! We put you in the naughty corner and you stood there looking very guilty and explained that you do not draw on the carpet. Meanwhile we tried a few things to get it out, but no luck! This had to happen 4 days after I got the carpets proffesionally cleaned! Ugh... needless to say we were very frustrated with you and I was mad at myself that I trusted daddy to keep an eye on you w/these crayons easily accesible to you! Since I can't get it out myself and afraid to make it even worse, we have to have the carpet cleaner come back... which is going to cost a ton I am sure!

We might just have to put a rug there, or place your play house on top of it, until we replace the carpets. Rrrr!

Update: The carpet cleaners got the stain out... so $100 later, it's like it never happened. :)

No comments: