Thursday, October 8, 2009

22 Months

You are doing so many things lately that just crack us up. I don't even know where to begin and I am sure I have forgotten some already.

Last week we were driving in the car, when you decided to make funny farting noises with your mouth. You thought it was hilarious and laughed every time you'd do one! Daddy has been the one encouraging this skill of yours and he's very proud. Sometimes, he'll just say the word and you'll fart on demand... may be funny for now, but I am not so sure for later.

Another funny thing you've been doing lately is you get really silly sometimes and say "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy" over and over again while running in circles or jumping. I have no idea where you learned that. You've been jumping up and down on our bed saying this every morning for the last week. Speaking of jumping, you finally learned how to jump... or almost jump, sometimes only one foot at a time comes off the ground, but you're definitely on your way. Also for the first time you started to jump off the edge of the pool into daddy's arms. You haven't been brave enough, until your last swim playgroup when all the sudden you jumped on 1, 2, 3.
The other silly thing you do is pick your nose, this habit is once again encouraged by daddy, just kidding!

We've stopped using the pacifier. Hurray! At least I was able to win that battle, since you're still using a bottle to drink your milk. First few times, you've cried for it, but now it's really not so bad. The first few days you were asking for it calling it "neimi", and I would tell you "neimi is all gone" and you'd start to cry. Then I would tell you that your bear doesn't have a neimi and you don't need one either because you're a big girl. So far, so good! I just hope you don't start sucking your thumb!

You also love seeing your grandparents, Ded and Baba. One day my dad came to watch a Charger game with Jeromey and I, and you sat on his lap for a while and watched it on his lap. When it was time for him to leave, you didn't want him to go and asked to be picked up. We were leaving the house as well, and when we got back that night once you came in, you started looking for him and saying "Ded" ? When we come to their house, you love being there, and you rarely agree to go home... it's so sweet and they love you so much!

You say your name really well now and you even say "Saschenka" which is your name with a Russian twist added to it. You can add "enka" to any name and it's like a term of endearment, mostly used for kids. A few nights ago I heard you use both an English and a Russian word together. It took me a few minutes to understand, but once I finally did it was so clear. You were asking for your blankie which I took and put outside your crib on top of the hamper. You kept pointing to the hamper saying "diey blankie", the first word means to give me, so you were saying "give blankie". It was so cute! Also you say "high five".

We started going to Music class again, and you love it! You're a lot more engaged in the things that the group is doing, you mimic things a lot more than before, it's a lot of fun and I am so happy to spend that time with you just having fun, without any interruptions.


Hanging out in our back yard

Looking up at the tree

1 comment:

Salomeya said...

"dai" is probably the most useful verb for her to know, huh ;)