Dropping you off has now become harder on us than you. We are always sad to let you go, while you just run in without a problem. So no more crying, which is great. Last week you and daddy arrived at the same time as another boy and his mommy which means you didn't get to ring to door bell like you usually do. So he went in first and you hesitated and seemed like you didn't want to go in or were just being shy. Galya - the woman that runs the daycare asked the boy to take your hand and help you inside and the little boy crossed the doorway back outside and reached out for your hand, you then took his hand and you guys went inside together. How cute is that?! I only wished I was there to see that in person. Also I heard from another mommy, that her son called you a little princess. :) My little princess...I've definitely gotten so many comments about your curly blond hair and your big blue eyes. Looks like we may be in trouble later on because it seems like the boys have already taken to you.
You also started eating much better, which is a big deal because I've been so picky and are always on the smaller side wight-wise and of course it's always been a consern of mine. I still give you 8 oz of milk in a bottle in the morning and the same in the evening, you still refuse to take milk in a sippy cup. Before you wouldn't have milk with your cereal and now you do, and you wouldn't eat any of the soups that they prepared and now you even use the spoon to eat them. I am so very happy to hear that. Now I need to be more encouraging with you at home and offer meals with utensils, something I am not used to doing because you make such a mess and food gets flung all over the place. Also seems like you love peanuts, I've never given you whole peanuts before, I've tried peanut butter but you didn't seem that fond of it, but at least now I know you definitely don't have an allergy to them since you've had them a bunch of times. Galya always tells me how the day went, how you napped well, and eat well (in the last week or so), and that you are one active little girl. You seem to be one of the youngest kids there right now, but that doesn't stop you from taking toys away from others. She tells me that you know what you want and you go after it. When you don't get your way you scream, grunt, push, and some of the other kids get scared of you. I certainly hope that you don't always get your way there, and that you learn how to share better, I know that doesn't really happen until kids get older, and sometime I do see you offer a toy to other kids, it just seems like you take toys away a lot more often. I was thinking that daycare type of environment would help with this kind of behavior and I am still hoping that it will. Little miss bully. The other thing you love to do is pick leaves and flowers off plants, and they have a few in their back yard that you have now gotten your hands on. I think pretty soon, there wont' be much left.
It's always fun to pick you up, you're usually very excited to see us and you say "mama" or "daddy" and run up to us. Once we get home, I usually try to start dinner, which is such a challenge, unless it's something quick. It's pretty tough to do that and keep an eye on you. Unless I get you occupied and interested in some toy, you are roaming around all over the place, basically getting into everything that you're not supposed to be getting into. Like yesterday you moved the gate that is blocking the tv, tv components and fireplace. You got into there and grabbed the PS3 remotes and started playing with them. I removed you from there 2 or 3 times and told you No. Then you started running around and screaming, not sure if it was just excitement or because you needed to release all that energy you still had. Then you got into the cabinet near the couch that has breakable things in it. Usually you don't care much for that cabinet which is why I haven't really moved the items in there to be out of reach, but yesterday it seemed like all you wanted to do was cause trouble on purpose. You were definitely were testing my patience and at the same time I was frustrated at myself that I wasn't just paying 100% attention to you and playing with you since I miss that so much during the day... all because I had to get dinner ready too. I wish sometimes dinner would just magically appear once I got home, but that doesn't happen, unless we get take out on the way home from work.
Once we're done with dinner, you seem to have a ton of energy and not ready for bed, so we usually hang out and play for a bit. You run away and then come back to give us hugs and kisses, you sing, and dance. You're so playful that sometimes it's hard to stop and say ok... "bedtime". When you hear "bedtime" or "night night" you look at the stairs and once I open the gate you start heading upstairs. You're now pretty heavy to carry up and down the stairs so I let you crawl up or help you up by holding your hand. On the way down, we usually tell you to sit on your butt and to hop down on your butt. You know the routine now. Although daddy wants to remove the gate (mostly because it's scratching up our bottom stair), I definitely think it's way too early.
Another activity that is going on this summer is that in the beginning of July we started a swim group through a place called Aqua pros at the Boys and Girls club in Clairemont Mesa. It's a bit of a drive for us to get there, but it seems totally worth it. It's very inexpensive and a lot of fun for you. It's half an hour long and the main point is just to get babies/toddlers used to the water and learn some techniques that may help you become more comfortable in the water. You now close your eyes more often when you go under water, you still start kicking like crazy, but you're less scared of it, also when sitting at the edge of the pool, you now jump in on 1, 2, 3. When we first started going to the pool this summer you'd get a little scared and it would take you about 5 minutes to adjust and start liking the water, but now you go in without a problem. You have so much fun splashing around and singing the songs w/the rest of the group. It's your special time with daddy! I just get to enjoy watching you guys in the water.




Twinkle twinkle little star


1 comment:
Awww!!! So cute :) I agree with calling her princess.
Post a Comment