Friday, August 7, 2009

20 months

You are one energetic 20 month old. You get more and more independent wanting to do things on your own without any of our help. Most of your meals are now eaten with a spoon or a fork, in fact sometimes you will eat the food off the fork and refuse to have it any other way.

You're repeating a ton of words, although I've noticed that you don't talk much when we are out or around people you may not know too well. You have to be in a talkative mood. Most of the words that we've heard are in English, however your body parts you know better in Russian. When I ask you where something is for some reason it has always been in Russian, and you seem to understand it pretty well. You can say your name, you've been pointing at pictures of yourself and saying "Sascha". Also just the other day I heard you say "Net" which is no in Russian. I couldn't believe it, it's your first Russian word! haha... should have known it was going to be "NO".

You love running, and climbing lately. Sometimes your feet move so quickly that the rest of your body has a hard time catching up and you fall. You have fallen numerous times and either hitting your lip or biting it with your teeth making your mouth bleed. One time your lip got swollen pretty big, and we tried to put a cold ice pack on it, but you start crying even harder when that's attempted. The next day it was back to normal... amazing how quickly things heal when you're so little. You also love to climb, I've seen you top of coffee tables, chairs, sofas... whatever it is that you can get up on. Luckily I haven't seen you climb the stove or anything crazy like the kitchen counter top. Today I saw you hanging on a bar at daycare which you can just barely reach, you grab onto it and hang on while swinging your legs back and forth. I've never seen you do this, but you held on for a long time, and clearly were having such a fun time. Taking you to a park is always an adventure, you go on swings, and then tell us that you're all done, then slides, and I've even seen you climb up a little bridge looking structure... so indeed you are a little monkey girl!

Your love singing and hearing music. I've now figured out that one of the song you attempt to sing is "twinkle, twinkle little star" as well as the "abc" song. You start out singing and the words really resemble the ones in the song, and then it just trails off into baby talk but the actual melody stays.

When it's time to change your diaper, you now seem to know what's going on and if we're down stairs sometimes I see you carry the little mat that we change you on and lay it out, other times I bring it over and tell you that we need to change your diaper and you will just go ahead and lay down right on it. Other times you decide that you don't want to get your diaper changed and you start running away... you seem to love being chased.

Your bully reputation is still true. In addition to it, we've notice how your face changes when something you don't like is going on. You have this frown or a mean look that you give, like you're mad and unhappy. So amazing to see your personality come out in so many ways.
Well I am sure I have forgotten a bunch of other little things you do, but that pretty much sums it up for now.

No comments: