Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oops

I accidentally gave you some pineapple and now you have the worst diaper rash ever. I feel so bad. Last night you woke up at least 2 or 3 times and cried, and the whole time I just thought you were crying for your pacifier. The reason I thought that, is because it seems like you're about to get 2 or 3 more teeth. They like coming in pairs I guess. You've been a bit fussy and you make really funny faces trying to teeth on everything you come in contact with. I've been avoiding giving you a pacifier to bed, but since the teething started again it looks like it makes your gums feel better. I even put the pacifier in the fridge along w/some other teething toys. Well here I thought your teeth were hurting you, but last night that wasn't the case at all and we didn't realize until this morning that you had pooped at some point during the night, and we didn't change you right away (since that pretty much never happens) so the result is a really bad diaper rash. I am sorry :( I don't even know how much of it you ate, I left it out for Lada to give to you in the morning with your cereal and it looks like you may have had quite a bit of it. I've read that you're supposed to wait on citrus fruit till 1 year of age, because of their acidity level, but it didn't dawn on me that the same goes for pineapple. No more of that!

I've stayed home with you today mostly because I've been feeling under the weather, but at least now I can keep an eye on your little bottom. Hopefully those teeth will cut through soon and stop causing you discomfort.

On a different topic, you've been pulling up on things left and right, especially your crib, you like cruising around it and shake the sides of it before you get all tuckered out and settle down for a nap. Most of the time you don't want to sit on our lap but you want to stand or walk with our help. Standing is definitely the new thing this month. Lets see how long it will take till you start walking.

No comments: