Monday, October 6, 2008

10 Months


Sweet face is getting so big!


Determined to pull up on your own


You did it, and you're so proud!


I couldn't resist with this one, had to get a picture of your adorable little bum

Well at 10 months you are now pulling yourself up, but I've only seen you do it a handful of times. You are making a few steps holding onto both of our hands and you freely cruise around the perimeter of the pack n' play. Also sometimes you get into a funny yoga position - down dog while crawling. You get stuck there without knowing what to do. Sometimes you still prefer to army crawl with your arms and frog kick with your legs like you are swimming, instead of doing the normal crawl. You have definitely gotten much faster at crawling and you now easily go from crawling to sitting, whereas before you would get stuck crawling and would have to roll over on your back if you no longer wished to crawl.

One thing you refuse to do is hold your bottle. I've actually given up on trying to teach you how to do that... you just sit back and relax while we hold it for you, hilarious! In the last month you've tried some new foods including meat like chicken and we've given you little pieces of things here and there and you are just delighted, immediately trying to pick them up with your tiny fingers and shove whatever you get into your mouth. You've done very well with the sippy cup filled with water. I tried giving you formula in it a few month ago and you weren't interested. In fact, you tasted it and looked at me like "what was I thinking putting that stuff in there?" The doctor suggested I try it now... which I haven't, but I'll start pretty soon so we can transition you from a bottle to a sippy cup. You have kept your regular schedule of eating 3 meals a day along with 3 bottles a day, along with your 2 naps. Your best nap is usually in the morning starting around 10:30 am and lasting about 2+ hours and your other nap is in the afternoon around 3:30 pm and is about an hour long.

You've been enjoying throwing toys from your high chair and watching them fall to the ground.
You seem to like to see objects fall from the high chair. Your other favorite play time is on the floor with the fish tank. I would put little blocks into it, and you look inside and pull them out, this can entertain you for quite some time.

A few other things we've seen you do is copy some sounds, like a smacking sound we do with our lips. Sometimes when we ask you a question you will shake your head indicating "NO", I don't think you always mean to say No, but it's been amusing to ask you questions and you reply with your head shake.

Well last but not least, yesterday I noticed another tooth coming out. It's on top as expected, however it's not one of the front teeth on top, it's the one next to it. So pretty soon you'll start looking like a little vampire :)


2 comments:

Vanessa Roberts said...

ha, ha, ha that's funny another little vampire, Sebastian is no longer going to be one. The pix with the leggins and the little bumb is so cute.

Salomeya said...

hahaha, the picture with the leggings is soooo cute!