Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Scooter bug!

Getting ready for take off ...

You are a little scooter bug. Yep, that's right... you are almost on your way, rocking back and forth from your hands and knees as well as leaping forward after a toy in sitting position. Sometimes you get one leg stuck, but then you straighten out. You also try an army crawl on your elbows, sooo adorable... It's fun to watch you go after something and then get really excited once you get it. I need to be really careful now leaving things all over the place which may be unsafe for you. My guess is you'll be full on crawling before your 9 month birthday. We'll see how much trouble you're going to get into. Gates will be going up this weekend for sure!

We were at the beach again and this time you seemed afraid of the water and started crying, you refused to put your feet down after I dipped them in the water just for a second. The waves coming in were much bigger, so may be you got a little scared. You did enjoy the sand though... I didn't really let you get too dirty (daddy kept trying to clean you off), but your feet were in it.

We had to drop your crib to the mid level... I think we were almost sad to do it... in sort of disbelief that it had to be done so soon. I can't imagine what it will be like when your crib gets replaced with a big girl bed... but lets not get carried away here, still a while till that happens!
So little munchkin has been falling asleep on her tummy these days Now that you're rolling all over the place, you no longer stay put in your crib. Once I walked in and you were turned completely perpendicular to it. Then a few nights ago I saw you on the monitor on all fours pushing the button to turn the aquarium music on and off. You little trouble maker. I had to just turn it off so that you couldn't do it. I end up returning you to sleeping on your back, but with each day you get more and more energy to fight it and roll on your tummy moving all around the crib... I am guessing it's probably ok, but I still go in to check on you and it makes me nervous to leave you on your tummy through the night so I end up turning you on your back once you're asleep.

Last few days you seem to have discovered your voice. Your screams have gotten super high pitched and you're at it for good 10 minutes. It's not an upset scream, even though it sounds like someone might be hurting you. You go from screaming from the top of your lungs to cooing in a second, it's pretty strange if you ask me. We don't enjoy you screaming much, in fact after a few minutes it gets to be quite a headache... I am really hoping you stop. :)

Also it's been a challenge to get to you to eat in the evening, you're a great eater in the morning and afternoon, but in the evening rarely will you take more than 4 oz and rarely will you finish your veggies and your night time nursing is minimal as well as the bottle ... 2 to 3 oz at the most. Hopefully you're getting enough to eat, may be you're trying to drop your 4th bottle, although my guess is it's way too early to do that. I'll have to ask your doctor at your next 9 month check up.

I saved the best for last. You've got 2 teeth coming. I pretty much see both of them getting ready to cut through, may be in a the next few days. I guess that explains your on and off fussiness during the night.

No comments: