My lil' munchkin... Can time slow down? You are growing way too fast and developing quite a personality. Here are a few favorites of the 8 months amateur pictures that I took . You were very cooperative!

Day dreaming Sascha

Serious Sascha

Happy Sascha

Playful Sascha
You're quite a talker, and a screamer, your main two words are "mama" and "dada" but you have many more sounds that you make, some of them very screeching loud! It was so awesome to hear you say "Mama", I didn't think it was going to happen so soon after you just started to say "Dada" but it did! Another big accomplishment is that you're finally sleeping without a swaddle, you fought your way though it, and now I just don't swaddle you and you're able to sleep through the night.
Actually last night was rough for us. You decided to wake up at 1:30 am and start crying. At first it seemed like you just wanted attention because you stopped crying when I would come near the crib and then you'd start up again when I left. Then we tried to let you cry for a bit, well I couldn't last very long, it's really hard to just hear you cry. Plus it didn't sound like a settling down fussy cry, it sounded like something was definitely bothering you cry. So at that point I tried everything, milk - you only took about 2 oz, diaper change, pacifier - not wanted. Finally I decided that it was your tummy that was bothering you because I gave you peas that day. I was warned about peas making babies gassy and uncomfortable but I have introduced it before and it didn't seem to be a problem. I should say though that you are not a huge fan of peas, I pretty much have to mix them with something to disguise the texture and the taste. I think I will not be giving you peas any time soon. It could have also been teething, I guess time will tell. I rocked you to sleep and you finally dosed off a little after 3am, and I was able to transfer you back into your crib.
I mentioned before how you're developing a little personality. You mimic a few things. For example when people turn their head and talk to you, you respond with the same head tilt and a smile, it's just so darn cute. Well and you definitely let us know when you don't want something, like food, bottle, or toy; you start to fuss and sometimes start turning your head back and forth indicating a clear "No!" Also it's been incredibly hard to trim your nails, I used to be able to do it while nursing, but now you just will not have it. I cannot get your hand and hold it still, you pull it out and start wiggling around, so that's been a challenge, I am lucky if I can get 2 or 3 nails trimmed at a time. Once in a while you scratch yourself, your ear or next to your eye, if you would just let me cut those nails that wouldn't happen! Generally you're a total wiggle warm, before I could get away not buckling you in every chair, but not now, you're such a curious little monkey... moving as much as you can, I've even seen you twist out of the bouncer and nearly tip over your little chair trying to get to something... a little scary!
When you want to be picked up and you see us coming to get you, your hands go up in the air... letting us know "get me out!".
You still love baths and playing with your bath toys. We're going to try out bathing you in a little Snug blow up tub that fits into a regular tub to see how you like that since you've been able to sit up pretty well.
You're extremely ticklish, and giggle a ton when tickled... it's the cutest and funniest thing ever! I'll have to get it on video sometime.
You started to waive too, not really on demand... or bye bye, but we're working on it... as well as teaching you to blow kisses and clap.
All right I think that about sums it up for your last month, I am sure I am forgetting a few other adorable little things that you do, and for that reason I should try to post more often... but time gets away from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment