
Little Sascha is two months old. We took you to have your first set of vaccinations. A total of 3 shots in your thigh, you cried so much and it was so hard to see you so upset, but it was over before you knew it, and you dozed off to sleep shortly after. You weighed 8 lbs 10 oz, but your height was 21.75 inches and your head circumference was 14.25 inches. Your weight and head are still in the 5th percentile or less(you're so little), but your height is in the 25th percentile. I did notice that you were definitely getting longer, and it will be only a matter of a few more months until you outgrow the bassinet. Dr. De Freitas did say she wanted to see you gain some more weight, so she recommended to try and give you a bit more milk after you're done nursing. The first time I tried doing that you spit up quite a bit, probably most of what I gave you - about 1 oz, so you definitely didn't need it, but a few other times you did happily take more. Especially since for about a week now you have gone to 6 feedings instead of 7, we dropped your late night feeding, because you started to sleep for longer than 7 hrs, so now I feed you around 10pm and you sleep until about 5:30 or 6:30am. We are so lucky you let us sleep. You have just been such a good baby at night, of course you still have your fussy times around 7 or 8pm, while definitely staying awake more and more during the day.
You have gotten quite good at holding your head, it's still a bit wobbly, and I have to watch out because you have head butted me a few times while I try to burp you. Also you have discovered your hands, I often find you holding them together, also sometimes you self soothe by putting your fingers in your mouth, although you are still a big fan of the pacifier. You smile so much now, especially when we talk to you or make "Oh" sounds and expressions with our mouths. Also you try to coo or talk back as well, it's so cute. We love seeing you smile and talk, it's so wonderful. We started watching some Baby Einstein DVDs and you love them, you stare at the bright colors on the TV and your eyes get really big. I've noticed that even when I change your diaper and the TV is on, you will completely turn your head and watch whatever is on. So funny! Other things that seem to entertain you for a while are the bouncy seat, your play gym and the tummy time mat. Pretty soon I think it will be ok to put you into the jumparoo. You still love taking walks with me in the Baby Bjorn. You love getting baths now, I knew you'd come around. Till next month, here are some fun facts about your birthday.
Fun Birthday Facts |
|
1 comment:
Aww... that definitely touched my heart :). Imagine when Sascha will be able to read this when she's older, then read it again when she's finishes high school, then college.
What wonderful thoughts.
Just want to drop a line to say hello to both of you and Sascha.
Sascha, you're what you mom described. Very sweet and adorable baby.
With love.
Khanh.
Post a Comment