Sunday, January 6, 2008

1 Month


Wow, can time go by any faster? You are now 1 month old and this month  just flew by.
You've been a wonderful baby so far. The first few days were tough and you decided you wanted to be awake between the hours of 2 and 5 in the morning but the next day we introduced a pacifier and it was a miracle. It soothes you 99% of the time, and now you have been sleeping anywhere from 3 to 5 hours at a time during the night. Yay! I have to say that you have been very good to us with sleep, I don't even really have to nap during the day, because you let us sleep a good amount of time during the night. When you were about 2 weeks you got little bumps on your face, baby acne, but it's pretty much gone now. You have been eating pretty well, however you don't gain 1 oz/day like the doctor said you should. You weighed 7 lbs 6 oz at your 1 month check up, so you have grown over a pound since your birth weight. She said that you're just petite and will be just fine, all of your stats are under 10 percentile, so you are still a tiny little munchkin. You are starting to smile, yesterday you smiled at grandma when she was talking to you and sometimes I see a little smile after you're fed, cute little thing! You've been pretty good about not spitting up, it does happen sometimes, but it's not too bad. I think sometimes it's my fault and I don't burp you long enough. 
You're not very fond of baths at this point. It took over 3 weeks for you to lose your belly button stub, so we had to wait to bathe you after that. You were screaming pretty good the first time, and the second time around you were better, so may be you're starting to like them more now. I think you got cold and you weren't positioned comfortably on the bath sling. Your hair is so cute when it's all washed, it's even softer than usual. I love that you have so much hair and I don't think it's going to fall out either! 
You love going on walks with me around the neighborhood, I tried the sling for a while, but you don't seem to be very comfortable in it, but the Baby Bjorn you love! You fall right asleep in it. Till next month!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sascha, we can't wait to meet you! See you tomorrow :-)