Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Week 13



Last week quite a few people at work found out I was pregnant. One person pointed at my belly and just asked me, so I guess it was time to tell, so that was exciting. Little by little more people are finding out.

I haven't been feeling that great lately. I have a headache that keeps returning, and I feel really tired and sometimes dizzy. Last Saturday I fell asleep watching TV at 6pm and didn't wake up till about 9pm, it was a bit unusual. The next day I woke up and felt great. Then the headache came at that night and lingered until mid day the next day, I had to take Tylenol.

I haven't gained any weight, although I think I do eat plenty and often. My stomach is definitely growing though, it's quite noticeable if I wear clothing that's a little tight. I finally posted a picture!

My coworker brought her 6 week old baby in today and I got to hold him, he was super cute and pretty quiet.
By the way, it's a boy! haha, just kidding, we don't know for sure... that's just according to the Chinese Calendar. My guess is actually a girl, and Jeromey of course thinks it's a boy. We probably won't find out until the end of July. Feel free to make your own guesses! Either way we're super excited, and sometimes in disbelief that it's actually happening!

Week 13 development:

Your belly may soon be big enough to announce to the world that you're expecting, but your baby is still tiny. In fact, he's only about 3 inches long crown to rump — roughly the size of a jumbo shrimp — and weighs just about an ounce. Despite the small proportions, there's a fully formed baby inside your womb now. Much more proportional than it was a few weeks ago, his head is now only about a third the size of his body. His tiny, unique fingerprints are already in place. His kidneys and urinary tract are functional, and he's starting to urinate out the amniotic fluid he's been swallowing. As you start your second trimester, most of your baby's critical development will be completed.

pregnancy week by week

No comments: