Thursday, May 31, 2007

Week 11 & 12

No weird cravings, food aversions include red meat and other things that just smell, food likings include - salad, chicken, pasta based meals, bread. By the way I think I am actually further along than I was measured for week 6-7, so I combined week 11 and 12. Not that it really matters, but it just makes more sense to me. :) May be it will be confirmed at the next ultrasound which will probably happen after week 16 sometime.

Our 2nd Appointment is tomorrow, I am totally anxious, I've been waiting for 5 weeks now! May be I'll post an update tomorrow if there is anything exciting to tell.

We heard the heart beat again, it took a minute or two to find which seemed like forever, but then we heard it! Yay! What a relief!

I keep meaning to take pictures of the belly, but I've been really anti-pictures lately... so may be one of these days I'll start since the tummy seems to already be pooching out(especially at night) and I still need to scan in our first picture of the ultrasound, it's really tiny ... you can't even really tell, but it's still super cool.

Week 11 development:

Your fig-sized baby is now fully formed — measuring 1 1/2 inches long and weighing in at a quarter of an ounce. His skin is still transparent, allowing many of his blood vessels to show through. Some of his bones are beginning to harden, and tiny toothbuds are starting to appear under his gums. His fingers and toes have separated, and he may soon be able to open and close his fists. He's already busy kicking and stretching, and his tiny movements are so fluid they look like water ballet. These movements will increase as his body grows and becomes more developed and functional. As his diaphragm develops, your tiny tenant may also start to get the hiccups. Because he's still so small, though, you won't feel any of his workouts or intrauterine gulps until sometime between weeks 16 and 20.

Week 12 development:

Your baby's hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. Her face is beginning to look more human. Her eyes, which started out on the sides of her head, have moved closer together on her face, and her ears are near their final positions on the sides of her head. Your baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity about now. Her kidneys are secreting urine into her bladder. Her nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly, and synapses (neurological pathways in the brain) are forming. Your baby may have acquired more reflexes by now, including sucking, and she'll even squirm if you prod your abdomen.

pregnancy calendar

No comments: