Monday, December 17, 2012

Winter Dance Recital

It's hard to believe that we are on our 3rd year of dance lessons. This is definitely an activity you look forward to each week. This year we weren't able to stick together with your other dance friends, but you still had a few familiar faces, including your good little friend Sadie. You also had to adjust to a new teacher. The first few times you kept asking why it wasn't ms. Jackie, and I had to explain to you that she no longer teaches your class, and now you will have ms. Julia... it took a while to warm up, but I think you are liking it just as much as before. The class does get a bit too crowded at times, and I don't think you do too well in that environment, but when you are focused on listening and learning, I can definitely see a lot of improvement. This year your recital routine was a lot more complicated than the previous, and you weren't really willing to practice much at home... that could have been our fault for not encouraging it more too, but either way you learned it and were excited to perform.

We were very proud to see you on stage... I think I was even a little less nervous this time around than the previous few, and you seemed to be a little more apprehensive about it than the last few times. But you did great, and greeted us with a huge smile when we came to pick you up backstage. Baba and Deda of course came to your recital as always, and enjoyed watching the Nutcracker with us too. It's so touching to see Baba watch you dance, I can tell how much she enjoys seeing you dance and how many memories it brings for her because of all the years that she danced as well.

Daddy thinks that you might be getting bored of ballet, and we may try something a bit more upbeat for you next year if the schedule works out.

 Here are a few photos of you in the angel costume... so sparkly and cute!

This was at the rehearsals... since we are not allowed to take any photos during the actual recital
 photo IMG_4123.jpg  photo IMG_4150.jpg

After your performance
 photo IMG_4211.jpg

All smiles with Sadie, Mae and your current teacher Ms. Julia as well as your last years teacher Ms. Jackie
 photo IMG_4216.jpg



No comments: