Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sascha's Summer Dance Recital

It was a tap number this time, to a song called "Stupid Cupid". The choreography was really fun and sassy. The girls looked adorable in their red dresses with red ribbons, and their tap shoes. Sascha cooperated with putting on her costume unlike last year, she did complain that the arm bands were itching her, but we told her she wouldn't have to put those on until right before she goes on stage.

She was in absolute awe watching other dancers rehearse when we did a test run at the rehearsal. They did the number twice and the second time she did much better than the first. I noticed that she was getting very distracted standing next to her friend Sadie the first time, so on the actual performance day I asked Miss Jackie if she could separate the two of you which she did.

We got to the Center of performing arts right on time, and Sascha watched the whole first half and was mesmerized by the older dancers. She never complained and while sitting on Baba's lap. During the intermission I took her back stage, helped her et dressed and left you with the rest of the girls to color and have snacks while you all waited for your time to perform. Cameron was a total trooper, the first half he just watched and didn't make a peep. The 2nd half, he got ansy, and I had to distract him with snacks and water, and anything else we could think of. I didn't have to get up with him once to take him outside, he endured the whole thing. I once again felt so nervous for Sascha, I just couldn't help it.

Sascha did great, although she did look a bit frightened while on stage, she danced her little heart out. When we talked to her, she said she had fun doing it, and that's all that matters. She makes us proud every day!

 The performance photos are from the rehearsal Photobucket

A few after shots taken w/her friends and Miss Jackie Photobucket

Muchkin and one proud mamma
Photobucket

Proud Baba and Deda
Photobucket

Family Photo
Photobucket

No comments: