Monday, May 9, 2011

Sascha - almost 3 and 1/2

Lately you have been asking me ahead of time who are we going to see today? And what are we going to do? You seem to really enjoy being out and about and rarely want to go home. Very often when I pick you up from preschool and we get in the car, you will ask the same 2 questions. And if I say we are going home, you start whining in disappointment. One weekend morning I told you we would see your buddy Sebastian. Later when we came back upstairs to get dressed and you and I were picking out your outfit. You rejected a few that I pulled out and then went ahead and picked a pretty pink dress and said: "I wanna wear this one... for Sebastian... to look at"
I was speechless. Does this boy stuff really start this early? Most of your friends that you play with in preschool are girls, even though the class is 70% boys. But most of our friends have boys your age, and not girls so very often you are the only girl in the mix.

The other funny thing I heard you do is you talk before you go to bed. I stood by the door listening and there was no surprise... you were pretending to talk to Mr. Josh - your swim instructor. You talked about where the pool is, and an octopus toy and then you started describing your day and how your saw your friend Sebastian. I walked into your room and asked you to close your eyes and go to sleep, but you answered with "But I am talking to Mr. Josh". haha Very often you wake up and point to an empty corner and tell us that there is a princess there and you pretend to carry her on the palm of your hand. You have quite an imagination. :)

Your friends at preschool are Vivian, Sadie and Sammy. You finally started to tell us about your day once we pick you up. You started to say "so and so is not my friend" and I ask why? and I don't usually get an answer that makes sense. You make up some random thing...
A few times you have told us that we are not your friends... usually it's after we didn't let you do something and this is your way to be mad at us. You also say "I don't like that" if we give you a hurry up push, pick you up when you are not cooperating or raise our voices.

On Mothers day Daddy got me a pretty bracelet and you gave me a bag that held pretty charms to put on the bracelet with the letter "S" and "C". Sascha knows her letter very well and she wanted to keep the charm too. Now she looks at my bracelet and says that's mine and I keep having to explain to her that it's her letter "S" and I get to wear it on the bracelet and it reminds me of her every time I look at it. It was a very sweet and thoughtful present from Daddy!

You still love giving your baby brother hugs and kisses. Another thing you love doing is getting into his stuff. I am sure it's just a phase (which may last a long time), but all of the sudden you decide to sit in his bumbo chair (funny enough that you actually still fit into it) or climb into his car seat carrier. The other day I found you sitting in his activity go around thing... I had to pick you up out of it which was pretty funny. Or sometimes you'll go and lay on his little floor mat and even put your head where I sometimes lay him into a cushy head pillow. Also when he cries, you often start crying or whining too probably for the same kind of attention. Another thing we noticed is when you talk to Cameron, your voice changes and it becomes super high which is pretty cute.

This picture is from a very fun Friday morning at the Quail Botanical Gardens. I tried to take a lot of pictures there with our camera because it's such a pretty place to walk around. It also has a fun tree house, a water stream and a railroad track which we enjoyed.

I really liked this one where you're standing on the bench looking at a waterfall coming down. Looks like you are concentrating pretty hard.
Did I mention that I love taking Fridays off!?

The next one is of you and your 2 friends Kingston and Troy.

And the last one is you standing on a rock taking a brake from playing in the water stream.
<span class=



Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Khanh said...

What a lovely picture. You are getting really good. May be you can give me a photo session one of these days :)

The Lewis Fam said...

thanks and anytime! I think I just get lucky and take a lot of pictures, so I have many to choose from.