Here are a few scenarios:
In the morning getting a bagel for breakfast from daddy...
Daddy: do you want cream cheese on your bagel?
Sascha: yes
after he puts cream cheese on...
Sascha: No cream cheese!
Daddy: What do mean? What do you want on it then? Strawberry Jam?
Sascha: Yes, jam
after jam goes on the bagel...
Sascha: No jam!
Daddy: What? You are ridiculous!
Sascha: No, you are ridiculous!
We found you in the morning without a diaper. You apparently have taken it off yourself, which has happened before, but not in a while.
So we ask: Why did you take your diaper off?
Sascha: Because I am tired of it!
Haha, now if I can just limit your water in the evening time, you won't really need it. We've seen you have a completely dry diaper in the morning a few times, but we're not quite there yet as far as letting you go without one all the time.
You have the same answer when we ask why you didn't eat your carrots for lunch or why you don't want to do something. You look up and say "Because I am tired of it". Where do you get this stuff?
Also we forget that you are a little sponge and repeat EVERYTHING! Daddy saw an ant crawling on our countertop and yelled "There is a freaken ant right there!" in frustration because he spent half his morning trying to exterminate them. Apparently they didn't get the memo and decided to come back to our kitchen in the evening, so he yelled it out without thinking. Sascha immediately repeated it, and we were rolling on the ground laughing. Of course because of this reaction, she kept repeating it over and over until we managed to pull ourselves together and distract you.
Randomly you say:
"Yay, I am going to Hawaii, Yay!" which is a funny skit line from Crank yankers... Hilarious! We have no idea where you got this from!
Also a favorite is the word "Later". We'll ask you to do something or pick something up, and you'll look right at us, and say "I will do that later" with a little head bob and intonation on the word "later". As if I asked her to do something really difficult.
The other funny thing she's said is "I am too big!" Once again we'll ask her to help with a puzzle and she'll say "No, mommy do it... I am too big!" hahaha... you mean you're too small?
She requested that daddy stop singing "old McDonald song" the other night. She tapped him and said "Daddy, No more Old McDonald... I am too big" It was said in a very gentle way... like sorry daddy I know you will be sad about this, but I don't want you to sing that to me anymore.
Sascha has been super sweet to her baby brother. She says good night to him every night and loves to give him hugs and kisses. It is just the sweetest thing to watch. She gives him stickers and some of her toys too. It melts my heart every time I see them together.
Cameron has been a great little baby so far. He's already 2 weeks old! He's eating well. We're around 7 feedings a day. Night time has gotten a bit easier since he went from every 2 and half hours between feedings to 3-4 hours. I am hoping, that number will keep growing so that i can get some solid sleep. Daddy goes back to work in less than week, so things are going to get a little more busy. It's been nice having him at home to help out.
I love staring at him, or have him lay on my chest. He is just so precious... and I feel so incredibly lucky to be home with this little guy. All the hard work aside, there is just nothing more precious than a sweet little newborn.
It's thanksgiving week, and I am so thankful for my beautiful family. More thankful than I have ever been.
1 comment:
precious!!! that's totally awesome that Cameron is going for 3-4 hours routine.
Post a Comment