Seems like Sascha is ready for a little sibling to come along. She is so excited when we see our friends with babies. She talks about them, she always asks to hold them. At daycare, most kids have been all around Sascha's age, and recently they got a one year old and a 5 month old, and Galia tells me how she always comes over and is very gentle with the baby, and how she always wants to help. You are especially concerned if the baby cries. So cute! We've always told you to be gentle, and now you kiss my belly almost daily. I hope you have an easy adjustment when this little boy comes. You seem very independent, and a non-jealous type, at least lately so hopefully that means you will have an easier transition. Part of me feels a little bit bad about the whirlwind of things that are all coming your way in the next 3 months. You'll be moving rooms, going to a big girl bed, you will have a surgery, then 3 weeks later you will most likely start preschool and then in another 3 or 4 weeks the baby arrives! I am really going to try to break up all of these events to give you as much time as we can, but some of the events are really out of my hands. I am sure you will be fine, I just can't help but worry.
The surgery has been moved up to September 15th, so we now have more time to recover and probably start preschool in mid October. I've talked to multiple doctors and it seems like all of them have a similar opinion of just getting it over with considering that there has been no improvement in the last 3 years. So it gives me more comfort to go ahead with our decision and just hope that everything works out in the end. Everyone says how fast kids heal and you won't remember it being so young, hopefully it won't be too traumatizing or painful. It's really one of the worst feelings to see your kids in pain, hurt or sick, and not something you can truly understand until you have a child of your own. I have said this many times, but now I can see why my parents would worry as much as they did, and why they may have seemed so overprotective or unreasonable. You really can't understand why until you have kids of your own.
Oh did I mention that we got a huge playset in our back yard now. Early Bday/Christmas present! You waited patiently for a week to get it all built and it took daddy all weekend long, but at last this was your excited face... you love it! And we love watching you play on it!


And here are a few from our latest outing to the zoo

No comments:
Post a Comment