Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2 Years old - Happy Birthday little munchkin!

I have stopped thinking about time, there is really no point in dwelling on it. Yes, these 2 years have flown by and you are now a 2 year old! It makes me a little bit sad, but I am also so thankful because we've had so many fun memories and such great times in the last 2 years.

We took you to Disneyland for your 2nd Birthday!

The first few rides were a bit scary for you, especially Pinoccio, it was a bit dark and loud, you screamed a bunch of times and I felt really bad... we should have started out with something more mellow. Peter Pan ride was a bit better, although you still cried a little bit. Then we started making our way to "It's a small world" when I had the biggest surprise ever. As we made our way to the ride I saw familiar faces standing and kneeling all with t-shirts spelled out "Happy 30th Birthday Anna! We Love you!" I nearly fell over when I saw my family, Jeromey's family, cousin Sarah from Florida and lots of our friends all smiling and saying "happy birthday!" So since my birthday was only 5 days before yours I guess daddy decided he could just trick me into thinking we're just going for you, so I had no idea he was putting this huge surprise together. To say that I was overwhelmed, is probably an understatement, I couldn't even finish reading the t-shirts. There were people taking pictures of the group, wondering what in the world is going on?
In the evening everyone met up again at a restaurant where we celebrated! When a little cake was brought out for you, everyone sang happy birthday and you seemed to enjoy it and not get scared off by all the people and noise, you even blew out the candle all by yourself! We ended up going back to the park to enjoy a few more rides and then watch the Fantasmic show, you seemed to really be captivated by it all. What a fun day!

Your new accomplishments:
If you're in the mood, you are very chatty, and you started forming 3 word sentences like "I have poopoos" or "Daddy has it", or ... a bunch of others that I just don't understand. :) You are such a little person now, so playful and so adorable, with opinions and all!

You almost always let us know if your diaper is dirty, and you have asked to go on the potty a few times, but you've actually sat down on it without the diaper once. You have been picking out your clothes, and if there is something you don't want to wear you let us know, and you start taking it off, and basically throwing a fit, which is not fun. You've also started to hit, sometimes when we're in bed and you will just look at us and then you get that playful look in your eyes and you start smacking, that gets you in big trouble!

At your 2 year appointment here were your stats:
weight - 23.5 lbs - 10%
height - 34.5 inches - 75%
head circ. -18 inches - 8%

You're a skinny tall little munchkin!

Bed time has been ok. Some nights are better than others, you are still getting up and leaving your bed, we still have to hold the door, sometimes you get upset. Lately if I walk in to put you back in the bed, you start crying for daddy, you seem to not want to see me at all! You are definitely such a daddy's girl!

So far you've had 2 colds, it's never a good time when you're sick or have a fever. The first one seemed to be pretty mild, but after the 2nd one the cough is still lingering. I guess it's inevitable since most of the kids in the day care all got sick too. Hopefully the rest of the winter season will not be bad and filled with sicknesses.

Your first trip to Disneyland!

Everyone at Disneyland! Spelling out "Happy 30th Birthday Anna! We <3>

Blowing kisses to Mickey
Your first time seeing Mickey with our friends

Happy Birthday Sascha! We love you!





No comments: