Monday, March 30, 2009

Signing Time Finally paid off

Don't know how this just happened, but it's looking like signing language has finally clicked. Last week out of nowhere we noticed that when you get up in the morning, you start to sign for milk, sometimes with both hands. You're pretty impatient in getting it too. You expect it as soon as you get up. Then a few days later we saw you sign for more, as well as a sign for bird and for dog. I've also seen you sign for eat and drink. I can't believe this, it's so awesome that you are able to communicate these little things to us. When we got you the signing time DVDs, a friend of ours just told us that babies love them and even if they don't start signing right away, at some point they just get it. That definitely rings true for you. We even stopped showing you the DVDs after some time thinking that you must be bored with them and we must not be that consistent with it, since it's only us doing the signs and not the nanny. I guess you can say I sort of given up. So who knew, that all of the sudden you'd start signing. Little smarty pants! I can't wait to see what else you're going to sign. We've now moved onto the 2nd DVD, so we can switch it up a little. 

It's so fun to watch you be able to understand more and more of what is going on around you. Pretty soon we'll definitely have to become more conscious of the things we say when you're in the room. Here are a couple of photos I took a few weeks ago on St. Patricks Day while you were running around in the front yard. 




No comments: