Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mac & Cheese

Your favorite this week was Mac & Cheese. These messy pictures say it all, you really enjoyed your dinner! I only wish you ate everything with such enthusiasm.




So being a walking toddler has given you a lot of freedom. You go around the house exploring all over. You have access to a few shelves full of Tupperware containers in the kitchen and you love pulling those out. Sometimes it gets pretty quiet and I immediately start wondering what are you up to? Last time that happened I had left some mail out on the table, sure enough once I got there you had ripped up a bunch of it into pieces, good thing it wasn't important. :) Gotta keep a close eye on you. You've managed to learn how to pull on the levers and open the doors. You did that to the bathroom door, and all the sudden I hear you hitting the toilet seat up and down. Also I found you with a box of tissues, pulling them out, one by one... how fun that must be! Who needs toys anyways, when you have tupperware, tissue boxes and toilet seats to play with!

Your love for pushing buttons has gotten you in a bit of trouble. You are exploring the gadgets near the TV, more specifically you love touching them which you know you're not allowed to do. The DVD player is always the one you go to for first. You know how to turn it on, and it lights up blue as soon as you push a button. Somehow when I tell you "No" or "Net" and "Nelzia", you turn to look at me, and then go right back to pushing another button. Seems like you're already starting to test me. Although when daddy says "No" you usually listen and walk away. This doesn't seem very fair to me. Once I took you by the hand and started walking away from the TV when you stopped, looked up at me with your toothy smile and let out a squeal of satisfaction! I tried so hard not to laugh, but it was so funny! Your face told it all, you knew that I didn't want you to touch the DVD player, you touched it anyways and you were so darn happy that you did. What a little mischievous monkey you are!

We're still working on having you point at the right features when we ask where your nose, ears, mouth, eyes are. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you just touch whatever comes to mind first. It's very cute though... you get excited to know what we ask of you and start clapping too.

You started saying bye as you waive to us. Also you now get a bit more upset when we leave... luckily I am the first one that leaves, so you don't mind so much because daddy is still home with you, but when he leaves you start crying a little bit. I wonder if this might get worse as you get older... I have a feeling it might and it will be that much harder to leave. It's already tough!


1 comment:

sonya said...

so cute and mischevious!!!! more videos please