Monday, April 7, 2008

4 Months


Little munchkin, you're 4 months old! It seems like you're getting bigger and bigger, although you are still so much smaller than other 4 month old babies I've seen. You eat about 6 times a day, around 4 or 5 oz a feeding, and you seem pretty content with that. The nights are still going well, you've been sleeping about 9 to 10 hour stretches, although you've been waking up in the middle a few times and fussing, I usually hear it on the monitor right away and I get up to put the pacifier into your mouth and you pretty much dose off right back for another hour or two. I did return to work this week, and that's been pretty hectic. You get to enjoy a whole week with daddy and then we'll have a nanny come watch you. I really wish I didn't have to go back, or at least go back part time, but I am not sure if that's going to be possible. I am lucky though that I have a somewhat flexible schedule and I am able to work from home for a few hours especially during these next few weeks where you're going to be adjusting to a new person looking after you. 
Last Friday was a bit alarming to me. I left you with grandma for the evening, and you started getting pretty upset, I managed to calm you down and you seemed to be ok when I left, but I guess just a little while later you were screaming again, and not your normal cry... it was a bad scream like something really hurt. The only other time that I've heard you scream like that was when you got your first shots at the doctors office, and once again when we put you in the car seat and you had too many layers of clothes on and I think you were really uncomfortable. So I had to return back home quickly, by then you have sort of calmed down and were making weeping sounds while sleeping. Grandma said you'd even start crying while sleeping. You didn't sleep very long... and after you woke up I fed you and you seemed to be doing better, you didn't have a fever... so I really have no idea why you got so upset, unless you really didn't want me to leave. After that it was even harder to think about leaving you at home and going back to work. 
You are cooing and giggling all the time now, and when you are sitting up (not on your own yet) and holding onto to us w/both hands you try to pull yourself forward, your grab is pretty strong too. What you're not so fond of is tummy time lately, you get really impatient and start fussing almost immediately. Also you don't roll over too much anymore. When we're changing you on the table you roll over to your side and just stay there.

Your stats this month are:
length: 24 inches - 37th %
weight: 11 lbs 12 oz - 11%
head: 15.25 - 3%
I guess you have a tiny little head :) only 3rd percentile

No comments: