Thursday, March 13, 2008

14 Weeks



I am going to try and post more often since I am noticing that I forget things so quickly these day. Here are a few things that happened this week.
I took you to Aaron's little talent show yesterday at his elementary school to watch him play the guitar. You were in a stroller sleeping, but once we entered the room, you did wake up from all the noise. Then after a few performances I guess it got really loud with clapping and the microphone announcement and you started to cry, then it turned into a super loud scream... You were so upset and scared. Inna and I quickly wheeled you out of the room and I picked you up to try and calm you down. You didn't calm down right away, it took a little while. The only other time when you got scared like this was when you were in your bouncer and I was making dinner and I made a loud noise when I was getting a cooking sheet out, but it wasn't even as bad as what happened yesterday.

Oh and today I think I heard your first real laugh, it was pretty cute! Now that you've discovered your hands, you sometimes prefer to suck on those instead of the pacifier, and you're actually grabbing things above you when lying down on your little activity gym. I also noticed that you will grab the blanket covering you and bring that into your mouth as well.

We've given you a new toy to play with this week, the jumparoo! You seemed pretty fond of it, but you don't last very long in it, may be a few minutes. Your little feet don't even touch the ground yet... I think you might like it more once you can actually bounce yourself off the ground on it. For now you just stare at the animals above. Here is a picture of you in it and I couldn't resist to put a picture in your "I love Mommy" shirt, it's almost too small for you now.

My great little sleeper, sleeping from 9 to 11 hours at night and I noticed a really funny thing that you do every time I put you in your crib at bedtime. I usually wind up your mobile so that you know it's bed time. I wrap you up and I sort of prop you up so that you are on your lying on your left hand side since you developed a lop sided flat head on your right... we're trying to even it out. :) So then you look straight and there happens to be a baby monitor camera sitting and you'll notice it and give a huge smile, and then I turn it on and the little green light appears and you smile even more... it's so funny. You've been doing it for about a week now, it's great because you're not fighting it or crying, you seem to be perfectly happy to go to bed. Sure you sometimes spit your pacifier out and start to cry for it, but you are usually asleep in less than 10 minutes.

No comments: